JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hopefully this isn't removed because I consider this very 2A relevant. The basis for the recall is his hoplophobia
and campaign contributions from Out of State Anti Gun Organizations.

We have to write 200 words as a reason. This is what I have so far. Feel free to chip in.

Violations of the protections granted under the Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights to the Constitution of the United States and Section 27 of the Oregon State Constitution. Chuck Riley has cosponsored a bill that would put a burden on the citizens of Oregon to reasonably defend their life and the lives of others from harm. In addition Chuck Riley has taken massive campaign contributions from individuals and organizations from outside of Oregon District 15 that share a desire to remove the ability of citizens to protect themselves, but have no direct interest in our District.

We need "The required number of valid signatures is 15% of the votes cast for governor in the public officer's district during the last gubernatorial election. Votes cast includes miscellaneous write-in votes, but not over votes or under votes."

That's straight from the Oregon Recall Manual.

According to the Election Results from Nov 21014, 190,872 votes were cast for Governor in Washington County. If we assume that everyone who voted for a senator also voted for a Govenor in the election for District 15 there would be a total of 39,734 votes. This means we only need 5,961 votes to initiate a recall. As there were just under 17,900 votes for Starr this is a rather low number.

Last Edited:
I called Washington County Elections this morning and they gave me the precincts in Senate District 15. Adding up those numbers from the election results I got 42,296. That puts the 15% mark at 6,345 signatures.

Might add that this has been labeled ineffective by law enforcement and cannot be enforced.Adds needless cost and a waste of LEO time that could be spent on more direct crime prevention

I stopped at Oregon Arms & Ammunition on Cornelius Pass Road and talked to owner Matt. He is also on board with us and just asked that we bring the petitions to him. He is willing to start collecting signatures immediately and said most all of his customers will sign it. Another guy on the other thread posted that MK Tactical is also on board.

Gentlemen, we are gathering momentum and quickly. We need a chief petitioner to file with the secretary of state to get the ball rolling, so we can print the official signature forms. I can also help get a website going.

I just signed up for this forum to say I'm in. I'm a new gun owner and I'm not sure how active I'll become in the forums at this point, but I'm watching this thread for updates so I hope once it's time for us to take action, this thread will be updated accordingly.

^^^

Considering that the other side likes to falsely claim that gun-ownership is on the decline, putting your existence into question, if not outright denying it: Thanks for registering TheShanMan! Welcome!

Not to throw cold water on anyone, but isn't there a 6 month period after taking office before an elected official can be recalled in Oregon?

E

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads