JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Pact works great on cloudy days. I just don't put the "screens" over the sensors. With the Infra Red sensors the Pact will even work in total darkness. I've seen the Pact units set up under fluorescent lights that work just fine. Their new sensor design uses a longer "shade" within the sensor housing so there is less effect from the lights or from the "glint" that can come from shiny bullets, ambient light flashes, etc.

The general rule is that no skyscreens are required when the sky is overcast and can form some contrast with the bullet passing overhead. When the sky's clear, skyscreens are often, if not always required. With I/R, the screens are reflective and used all the time.

I'm not so sure the screens actually provided more lighting on the Shooting Chrony as much as they provided a contrasting background closer than the "sky". With mine, nothing made the Chrony work reliably with the lighting conditions at my range.

Thanks! Pact it'll be for me, then. I'm a member at Tri-County here so conditions can't vary all that much from your range.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top