JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got out today with the 124 gr RMR MPR JHP bullet loaded in front of 4.0 gr Titegroup, CCI-500 primer in a Federal case. About 60 degrees, results:
Glock 48 average velocity 1,072 fps 5 shots
CZ P-09 average velocity 1,096 fps 5 shots

Same bullet, primer and case with 5.7 gr Power Pistol
Glock 48 average velocity 1,112 fps 5 shots
CZ P-09 average velocity 1,142 fps 5 shots

RMR 115 gr FMJ, 5.6 gr CFE-Pistol, S&B small pistol primer, Winchester case
Glock 48 average velocity 1,053 fps 5 shots
CZ P-09 average velocity 1,083 fps 5 shots
Kind of expected higher velocity with the lighter bullet and CFE-Pistol.

Winchester 115 gr JHP, 5.6 gr True Blue, Federal 100 primer, Winchester case
Glock 48 average velocity 1,025 fps 5 shots
CZ P-09 average velocity 1,035 fps 5 shots
Also a little disappointing, velocity wise. This was an old batch of bullets that I paid $40 for 1,000 (shows you just how old they are!)

My conclusion is that Power Pistol is probably the top pick for performance with the 9mm, although, I may need to push True Blue and CFE-Pistol to +P levels, just to see if there is a significant boost in performance. But I was surprised with Titegroup being as close to Power Pistol as it was, and is certainly more economical. I didn't really shot for accuracy, since I was more interested in the velocity numbers. My P-09 seemed to like the loads better than the lighter, thinner Glock (it is new and I am still getting used to it).
Hope this helps.

Got out today with the 124 gr RMR MPR JHP bullet loaded in front of 4.0 gr Titegroup, CCI-500 primer in a Federal case. About 60 degrees, results:
Glock 48 average velocity 1,072 fps 5 shots
CZ P-09 average velocity 1,096 fps 5 shots

Same bullet, primer and case with 5.7 gr Power Pistol
Glock 48 average velocity 1,112 fps 5 shots
CZ P-09 average velocity 1,142 fps 5 shots

RMR 115 gr FMJ, 5.6 gr CFE-Pistol, S&B small pistol primer, Winchester case
Glock 48 average velocity 1,053 fps 5 shots
CZ P-09 average velocity 1,083 fps 5 shots
Kind of expected higher velocity with the lighter bullet and CFE-Pistol.

Winchester 115 gr JHP, 5.6 gr True Blue, Federal 100 primer, Winchester case
Glock 48 average velocity 1,025 fps 5 shots
CZ P-09 average velocity 1,035 fps 5 shots
Also a little disappointing, velocity wise. This was an old batch of bullets that I paid $40 for 1,000 (shows you just how old they are!)

My conclusion is that Power Pistol is probably the top pick for performance with the 9mm, although, I may need to push True Blue and CFE-Pistol to +P levels, just to see if there is a significant boost in performance. But I was surprised with Titegroup being as close to Power Pistol as it was, and is certainly more economical. I didn't really shot for accuracy, since I was more interested in the velocity numbers. My P-09 seemed to like the loads better than the lighter, thinner Glock (it is new and I am still getting used to it).
Hope this helps.
Forgive my ignorance…..still learning.
Are you comparing these to each other?
If so, why the variation between projectiles, primers, cases and bullets/weight?
Across most all load data….

Forgive my ignorance…..still learning.
Are you comparing these to each other?
If so, why the variation between projectiles, primers, cases and bullets/weight?
Across most all load data….
Just kind of a sampling of real world data for some loads that are considered maximum by some sources and less than maximum by others. One might infer that the non CCI-500 primers might also contribute to the less than impressive velocities of the lighter 115 gr bullets. All things being equal, pressure wise, lighter bullets should show higher velocities, hence my surprise that I achieved higher velocities with the 124 gr bullets.
Also, might suggest options for people new to 9mm and considering which powder to try. Quite a few people have touted Ramshot True Blue, as well as CFE-Pistol, while my limited testing seems to indicate there may be better options, if you can find them available. As always, YMMV.

Interesting, as compared with advertised commercial velocities for similar weights. Have any of the new Unique? Even old Unique?
I have less than a pound of Unique. I think it is the "new improved" version from Alliant in the black plastic container. I used a lot of the old Unique in the gold cardboard containers over the years in .38 Special, .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum mid range loads. I might try some, some of the Speer data for Unique in the 9mm looks pretty impressive. (As do a lot of loads in their older manuals 😬).

I have never been disappointed with Win 231 ( same as HP-38 ) for light to medium loads. So much the better that it is readily available and inexpensive. I also like Silhouette and have a favorite load with it using Precision Delta 124gr JHPv2. For a great deal of info on various powders suited to 9x19, see natoreloading.com.

If I was starting over I would stick with only one or two powders, maybe three if going for +P+

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top