JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to the Portland area and don't belong to any clubs yet. I'm looking for some BLM land to set up my chrono for some 9mm loads so I don't need much range. Any BLM or similar legal spots would be appreciated.

Any recommendations on where to go for maps that show BLM legal shooting areas?

Hoping to get out this weekend for the data and will start visiting the local clubs soon.

Thanks Tim

Last Edited:
My favorite spot is the one that was just cleaned up by NWFA members. It is called Helion Pit, I call it Memaloose. You take Hwy 224 past Estacada, drive past the reservoir. Just after the reservoir ends (well, really where it begins...) you follow the river another mile or so. When you see a big huge green bridge, drive over it. There is a sign that says, "No shooting for next 8.2 miles" or something. Drive exactly that distance (very winding road that seems to last FOREVER) and you'll see a huge opening. Often cars are there with people shooting. There is also another pit about a quarter mile up if you take a fork to the right after the Helion Pit. Just observe shooting etiquette and stop shooting, clear guns, etc. whenever the groups there agree to set up targets. Consider wearing a sidearm since you are definitely in the boonies!

Thanks Chris, I appreciate the advice. I'd like to get involved with the cleanups in the future after I'm moved in and settled.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top