JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First, read this:
Chrome bug that lets sites secretly record audio and video is not a flaw Google says

Then, understand that you can control the Content Settings in Chrome:
Use your camera & microphone - Google Chrome Help

Look in:
  1. Chrome -> Properties/Settings
  2. Scroll down and click on Show advanced Settings
  3. In the Privacy section click on the button for Content Settings
  4. Scroll down and review or change the settings for your Camera, Microphone, and more.
  5. Click on the Done button.
  6. Close the Settings tab.
  7. Restart Chrome.

When you consider that Google makes their gazillions by harvesting, packaging and selling YOUR DATA... <Snip!>
Why would you consider even using anything google offers?
I run NoScript on Firefox, and google scripts are the last thing I allow to run.

Google has become a real life version of the big brother scenario portrayed in Orwell's vision. They don't care who they sell your data to, be it the government or private industry.
If the internet is a big part of your life these days, it's assured google will be too, if you allow them to be.

Why anyone would even consider using google chrome is beyond me. I don't get that at all.

Why would you consider even using anything google offers?
I run NoScript on Firefox, and google scripts are the last thing I allow to run.

Google has become a real life version of the big brother scenario portrayed in Orwell's vision. They don't care who they sell your data to, be it the government or private industry.
If the internet is a big part of your life these days, it's assured google will be too, if you allow them to be.

Why anyone would even consider using google chrome is beyond me. I don't get that at all.

I agree, and I have tried to get Firefox the cooperate (Ubuntu Mate 16.04) and it just doesn't want to play nice, locks up all the time and I still haven't been able to figure out why. So until I can figure it out, I gotta keep using Chromium which I am not all that happy about.

This article may be of use for the Firefox users. Use at your own risk, I have done some of it on my wife's Windows 7pro machine without problems.
Guide: Hardening Mozilla Firefox For Privacy & Security 2016 | Cyber Security Wiki | Viking VPN Service

Last Edited:
Chrome sandboxes itself so if you get a malware or virus that gets past your software it doesn't infect the whole computer. Just delete Chrome and reinstall.

Track me all they want they won't see anything I haven't posted here already:rolleyes:

Chrome sandboxes itself so if you get a malware or virus that gets past your software it doesn't infect the whole computer. Just delete Chrome and reinstall.

Track me all they want they won't see anything I haven't posted here already:rolleyes:

But if they access your cam they can wat h you as you recline in your birthday suit eatin' cheetos on a bean bag :p Thankfully you have not posted THAT.

This is great.

Google does not sell YOUR DATA...

What they do sell is the ability to successfully predict what you are looking for next. You, me and everyone else is a predictable creature of habit and we tend to act the same. No, you are not unique, your habits and tendencies are still the same as everyone else and is easily modeled with an algorithm.

That is how they made their money.

Amazon did it first.

Used to be a Firefox user myself, but it would lock up, was unreliable, always wanted to run updates to plugins, etc. At one time it was our preferred browser at work and they shut that down as it appears it was more vulnerable to attacks that other browsers. Now our preferred browser at work is Chrome, in fact some of our links to work related sites, etc. will only work in Chrome.

Used to be a Firefox user myself, but it would lock up, was unreliable, always wanted to run updates to plugins, etc. At one time it was our preferred browser at work and they shut that down as it appears it was more vulnerable to attacks that other browsers. Now our preferred browser at work is Chrome, in fact some of our links to work related sites, etc. will only work in Chrome.

Come to think of it, we only use Chrome at work as well... considering the office uses Google Calendars... damn that's so much better than using remote shared excel spreadsheets on a shared server.

FYI:

This be what you should see..
Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 4.56.45 PM.png

I've gone back and forth with Chrome and Firefox for years. When one gets sluggish, I switch to the other. Just noticed this article which will make further use of Chrome a no-go if it is enacted.
Google to let publishers charge users for ad-blockers - BBC News

Non issue.

What if Northwest Firearms was all ad supported to keep it online? If you then said "oh it costs me $1 a day to view this site.." because your blocking ads here.... either allow ads or contribute to their revenue source...

I have adblockers but I don't block ads on sites I enjoy.

Last Edited:
I'll continue to use ad-blockers - here and elsewhere - to the fullest extent I possibly can, now and forever more.
I'll continue to support NWF with my membership and occasional monthly donations.:)
I block everything every where. I find Firefox and Cyberfox and some times Avant Browser keep me protected.
No-script and host of blocks to stop the ickies from getting in.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top