JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finished my "Dream Rifle" build.

BCM Enhanced Lightweight 16" Mid length upper
-BCM BCG
-BCM Mod 4 Charging Handle
-Silencerco Specwar flash hider (Omega in jail)
Spikes Tactical Lower w/ basic parts kit
B5 Bravo Stock Set
Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4 Illuminated
Leupold IMS 2 Mount
Hexmags

Just need a set of railscales w/ handstop and it will be all done!

i-shFcwNB-L.jpg

On top of that... I guess the girlfriend thought I was good this year!

Remington 700 SPS Tactical 16.5" Threaded Barrel .308
Of course I added some things right away...
Leupold Mark AR 6-18x40 Scope, Leupold Mark 4 base with PRW rings
Harris 6-9" Bipod

Considering the Magpul hunter stock and base plate, waiting on the Silencerco Specwar muzzle brake.

i-JjJGW3g-L.jpg

Girlfriend didn't come away empty handed though!
Picked her up a Remington 870 Youth 20 Ga (She isn't much over 110 pounds)

i-2zkZV3f-L.jpg

Anybody else have a lucky firearm related holiday season?

i-shFcwNB-L.jpg

i-JjJGW3g-L.jpg

i-2zkZV3f-L.jpg

Heck no but now I know who to borrow one from.

By the way, I think you drive past my house all the time if that dodge is yours. SE off of 34th Ave?

Last Edited:
Not a Christmas present, but anticipating legislation got me to jump on this ahead of schedule. Year end sales definitely helped out:
  • Adams 308 Patrol Enhanced small frame AR-10
  • Leupold VX-R 3x9 Patrol scope
  • Leupold Mark 4 40mm ARD
  • Nikon M-223 XR mount
  • Troy folding HK style BUIS
  • Geiselle SSA-E trigger
Now have to sell a few things to pay for it...
upload_2015-12-24_16-35-44-png.43538.png

Edit: Just realized that without Ginny Burdick's incessant and deceitful rabid attacks against responsible gun owners I wouldn't have been forced to purchase this rifle at this time. So, Ginny, if you or one of your staffers are reading this - this one's for you!

upload_2015-12-24_16-35-44-png.43538.png

Last Edited:
If you have accuracy problems w/this rifle I would suggest lower rings and/or a Voodoo Tactical strap-on cheek rest because that scope is way too high
<broken link removed>

221502-19bf3c586548a1ff5f8ae41049b067f4.jpg

If you have accuracy problems w/this rifle I would suggest lower rings and/or a Voodoo Tactical strap-on cheek rest because that scope is way too high
<broken link removed>

So anyone with a 50mm objective has an inaccurate rifle? Because these medium height rings would be required to run one, unless you went with a "L" series scope.
Scope height has nothing to do with accuracy, although it will make for more difficult shots under 100 yards.
My cheek weld is acceptable with this height, although I will be adding a cheek riser to this stock, or a stock with an adjustable cheek riser.

So anyone with a 50mm objective has an inaccurate rifle? Because these medium height rings would be required to run one, unless you went with a "L" series scope.
Scope height has nothing to do with accuracy, although it will make for more difficult shots under 100 yards.
My cheek weld is acceptable with this height, although I will be adding a cheek riser to this stock, or a stock with an adjustable cheek riser.
By all means disregard what I have said:

Last Edited:
I mount all my scopes other than big game scopes that high or higher. I have to do it to accommodate my ear muffs. Never had accuracy issues or issues shooting them at 100 yards either. Curious why you think it could cause accuracy issues?

No rifle for xmas but my wife let me buy an awesome set of Cabelas/Meopta 8x-32mm binos. Incredible glass for the money.

Not a Christmas present, but anticipating legislation got me to jump on this ahead of schedule. Year end sales definitely helped out:
  • Adams 308 Patrol Enhanced small frame AR-10
  • Leupold VX-R 3x9 Patrol scope
  • Leupold Mark 4 40mm ARD
  • Nikon M-223 XR mount
  • Troy folding HK style BUIS
  • Geiselle SSA-E trigger
Now have to sell a few things to pay for it...
View attachment 271910

Edit: Just realized that without Ginny Burdick's incessant and deceitful rabid attacks against responsible gun owners I wouldn't have been forced to purchase this rifle at this time. So, Ginny, if you or one of your staffers are reading this - this one's for you!

That is one awesome AR-10. Not at all heavy, too. You can't go wrong with a Leupold VX-R scope either. Do let us know how it shoots.

Was there a very long wait to get it? Some companies are quoting long lead times now on orders.

You should mail Ginny a thank you card, together with a print of this photo. :eek:

That is one awesome AR-10. Not very heavy, either. You can't go wrong with a Leupold VX-R scope either.

Was there a very long wait to get it? Some companies are quoting long lead times now on orders.

Thanks - it's hard to tell it's not an AR-15 even when handling it. It's very well balanced and I cant wait to spend some serious shooting time with it.

Rifle: I couldn't find locally, so ordered through Suburban and had shipped to Curt's for the FFL. They had 6 in stock when I ordered it, but now they say to call. http://suburbansportinggoods.com/pr...battle-rifle-308-win-16-barrel-20rd-fgaa00148

I think Adams has them in stock at full retail.

Scope: I got the last one in stock at Tualatin Cabelas, so just had to wait until they called my number. Cabelas has most in stock, and if they don't have it in stock at your local store, they will ship to the store for free. Everybody was charging the same price. I simply love this scope and would have to pay twice as much to get a minor improvement.

Scope: I got the last one in stock at Tualatin Cabelas, so just had to wait until they called my number. Cabelas has most in stock, and if they don't have it in stock at your local store, they will ship to the store for free. Everybody was charging the same price.

I simply love this scope and would have to pay twice as much to get a minor improvement.

I discovered this fact too, but unfortunately the hard way. I spent over twice as much for my Bushnell Elite Tactical. Yet, when I compare my Leupold VX-R to it, it really is a negligible difference optics wise.

They are good value scope, in my opinion.

Enjoy your new rifle!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads