JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you for the reply. We were looking at buying end of summer when our youngest graduates. Wanted to build a small cabin and have a small farm. Do you know if code enforcement is out looking to bust people building?

From what I was told, their level of interest is dependent on how far from town. Mine is > than 20 miles. I was told the requirements for me are based on state instead to town/county. Without a CUP, I can use it for camping, put up aux structure/decking and put up fencing to state non-permit standards. I just cant use it for periods long enough to appear to be "living" on the property.
If I were to build, it seems as long as the county gets their coin for CUP/permits and the septic is permitted and up to stadards, they dont really care.

Interesting it would be really hard for me to use it as a vacation spot several times a year cause I'm about 6 hours away in the Wallowa Mountains. It is really hard to leave town Oct-Feb. If I started the process over the course of a few years i' d be afraid of theft. I'm looking at a few 5 and 10 acre parcels.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top