JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you plan to spend...

• About the same as last year

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • More than last year

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Less than last year

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • and not buy fYou want to keep all your money or anyone else other than yourself

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i dont even want to think about it... it seems like each year Christmas become more of an obligation then a time of enjoyment... because some one new is always added to the family..

With bonus checks being moved to Jan, raise request being denied and my wife not getting any sub calls... I'm afraid it will be less this year.

It's not that bad though. We really have everything we 'need' and more than a few of our wants are covered too. It just makes me sad that I can't give like we've been able to in the past.

With bonus checks being moved to Jan, raise request being denied and my wife not getting any sub calls... I'm afraid it will be less this year.

It's not that bad though. We really have everything we 'need' and more than a few of our wants are covered too. It just makes me sad that I can't give like we've been able to in the past.

completely understand you there, but honestly Id be happier waking up with my wife and child on Christmas morning and spending the day with each other watching Christmas shows on tv:) Christmas to me sees to have turned into what can I do better this year then the year before, i think its kinda lost its meaning over the years,to me it seems its more about receiving then giving, id rather go out and give something to someone else who REALLY needs something then to get something i would like... just my opinion tho

Probably more donations to charities this year. My family members have pretty much what they need, and can buy what they want. We'll buy for the kids - the nieces and nephews - but the rest of the fam we'll either donate to charities in their names or charities they designate.

Mostly spending on our son and his fiance this year. I did get my wife just one major gift; a VERY expensive Jenome sewing machine. She wanted a new machine as she does a lot of quilting/sewing. I know she would have been happy with a lesser machine, but I would rather spend more and get her a machine that she really wants and will be satisfied for years rather than buy her one that would have her wishing for something different a year or two from now. Gee that's kind of the way I buy guns anymore. :s0114:

My brother lost his job this year so I told him and his wife not to worry about us for Christmas presents. A card and their thoughts are plenty enough for me.

My wife keeps asking me for my Christmas list and I don't really know what to tell her. We are kind of that stage in our lives where if we want something we just go get it.

One reason our x-mas spending is up is because of an aspect of having a kid that I had not foreseen. Not only do we need to buy him stuff, but we also have to pay for him to buy us/his grandma/our friends presents.

completely understand you there, but honestly Id be happier waking up with my wife and child on Christmas morning and spending the day with each other watching Christmas shows on tv:) Christmas to me sees to have turned into what can I do better this year then the year before, i think its kinda lost its meaning over the years,to me it seems its more about receiving then giving, id rather go out and give something to someone else who REALLY needs something then to get something i would like... just my opinion tho

It is losing its meaning a little each year it seems.....giving is more rewarding than recieving for me..........:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top