JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Imagine that,another thread whining about something
Y'all ever start a thread about something you like? Especially at this time of year?
Yeah negativity sells better

PLEASE,please tell me this is a joke.Unbelievable otherwise and you have big issues

I do see the humor in your post complaining about complaining posts too. :) merry Christmas.

I think I would like Christmas music more if it weren't played in every store to "get you in the mood" and get into your wallet more. Its the big business version of foreplay. :mad::mad:

I would bet that appreciation of Christmas music dwindles proportionately with the younger the generation, as the need for instant gratification and stimulation increases. Christmas music is lame for many youngsters.

Christmas, and Christmas music was exciting when we didn't have video games, computers, smart phones, or other electronic devices to waste our pastime. Even if we were lucky enough to have TV, we had only 3 channels in Portland, and they broadcast 12 hours a day.

I was luckier than the kids nowdays.:D

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
For ALL the "Debbie Downers" out there who are saying they hate Christmas or Christmas music I say to you... Go kick rocks!!!!!
As for my Christmas songs that I absolutely detest and that make me dive for the volume??
Santa Clause is coming to town by Bruce Springsteen:mad:
Step into Christmas by Elton "fagtits" John
And I saw mommy kissing santaclause by the Jackson 5
WORST ONES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres a good thread about the songs we like, but what about those carols that make your skin crawl?

The ones that top my list:

Baby Its Cold Outside. Any version. Its essentially a Christmas date rape anthem. Almost as bad as Rod Stewarts "Tonight's the Night" (not a christmas song) And it gets played to death.

Santa Baby. Materialism at its zenith. Madonnas version is especially appaling.

So This is Christmas. Simply can't stand this one, and I am not a John Lenon fan anyway. Double whammy.

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. I loved it as a young kid. Now it bugs the bejezus out of me.

So what songs do you guys dislike or outright hate?
I hate most Christmas Songs. I have been called the grinch before by classmates. :)

The wife loves Christmas songs. She plays them all day, starting right after Thanksgiving when she starts hauling out the decorations. I put up the tree and then I'm done. If I was only hearing them at home it would be tolerable as I could go out to the shop. But they're playing Christmas songs in the stores, on the radio, so it's hard to get away from the repetition.

I like being together with the kids and grandkids at Christmas. I keep a fire going in the fireplace for two-three days running. The food, drink, presents, grandkid excitement are still part of the magic for me. I don't even mind instrumental Christmas songs playing in the background, just so long as the volume is low enough that I can follow a conversation.

I like traditional Christmas songs, that remind me of the reason for the season.

In August I like to throw a big arse rock into an alpine lake in Montana.. you know, because there's fish on down in there and ice above. little drummer boy that I am and all

Theres a good thread about the songs we like, but what about those carols that make your skin crawl?

The ones that top my list:

Baby Its Cold Outside. Any version. Its essentially a Christmas date rape anthem. Almost as bad as Rod Stewarts "Tonight's the Night" (not a christmas song) And it gets played to death.

Santa Baby. Materialism at its zenith. Madonnas version is especially appaling.

So This is Christmas. Simply can't stand this one, and I am not a John Lenon fan anyway. Double whammy.

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. I loved it as a young kid. Now it bugs the bejezus out of me.

So what songs do you guys dislike or outright hate?

The correct answer is ANY when heard before Thanksgiving turkey is served.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top