JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Theres a good thread about the songs we like, but what about those carols that make your skin crawl?

The ones that top my list:

Baby Its Cold Outside. Any version. Its essentially a Christmas date rape anthem. Almost as bad as Rod Stewarts "Tonight's the Night" (not a christmas song) And it gets played to death.

Santa Baby. Materialism at its zenith. Madonnas version is especially appaling.

So This is Christmas. Simply can't stand this one, and I am not a John Lenon fan anyway. Double whammy.

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. I loved it as a young kid. Now it bugs the bejezus out of me.

So what songs do you guys dislike or outright hate?

Santa Baby. Materialism at its zenith. Madonnas version is especially appaling.

Came here to submit this one.

I cannot begin to describe my hatred for this song. It makes my teeth itch.

The worst part is, my Wife and Mother in-law LOVE it. Gonna be a rough 21 days to come.

Theres a good thread about the songs we like, but what about those carols that make your skin crawl?

The ones that top my list:

Baby Its Cold Outside. Any version. Its essentially a Christmas date rape anthem.

You're reading a lot more in to the lyrics of that sing than the author EVER intended man. Think about it for a second before spouting off such nonsense.

It was written in 1948. Think about the time period in which it was written. This was BEFORE any P.C. bovine scatology.

The lyrics aren't in any way Christmas related. If people co-opted the song for Christmas play time, the author can't be held responsible for that. Blame record execs.

There's only ONE version of this song I've ever heard that even lives up to the spirit of what the author intended with the song, and that's the 1949 version sung by Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whitting. The more recent versions sound like two different people in two different recording studios, singing their parts as if the other person didn't even exist. Maybe if you give this version a spin you'll hear the interplay the author intended between the boy & the girl. It sure as HELL isn't a "date rape anthem" regardless of what our limp-wristed society has brainwashed the masses to believe.

Anything with the words replaced to pimp a product on TV or radio. Like "Give a give a give a Garmin." That could be the one thing that prevents me from ever owning one.

And anything of the Christmas ilk played anywhere before Thanksgiving. Pre-Halloween should be a flog-able offense.

Anything by John Lennon or Paul McCartney. Anything by the Carpenters. Anything by Wham/George Michael. Any song that is a 'modernized' version of older, traditional songs - such as pop, rap, metal, country or dub step versions.

I do enjoy Christmas music, I always have, but when it comes to my favorites, I have to say they all were written/performed before about 1965.

Last Edited:
Even as a kid I never really cared for (most) Christmas music because it sounds dorky, but I do sing this one at least a couple times every year.... it annoys the wife (that's why I do it :D)

BTW- this isn't me in the video.... :rolleyes:

I've never seen/heard that before - it's awesome :D Reminds me of my days working at McD's some 30 years ago. We still had the paper hats back in those days - it was a relief when they switched us to the ball caps. But with that came dress type shirts, slacks and ties - ties, at McDonald's. I guess that made people feel like they were at a fancy restaurant o_O

A little off topic, but, while I worked there, this was one of their commercials - it was really annoying and we were required to wear buttons/swag with this guy's face on it:

Even as a kid I never really cared for (most) Christmas music because it sounds dorky, but I do sing this one at least a couple times every year.... it annoys the wife (that's why I do it :D)

BTW- this isn't me in the video.... :rolleyes:

Great, now that's going to be stuck in my head all day. I had forgotten about it for the last year or so.

Now that's it's running constantly on many radio stations, starting 6-8 weeks before Christmas. I hate it all!:mad:

The very, lowest down, absolute worst? MUZAK Christmas carols!!!

Last Edited:
Imagine that,another thread whining about something
Y'all ever start a thread about something you like? Especially at this time of year?
Yeah negativity sells better

Baby Its Cold Outside. Any version. Its essentially a Christmas date rape anthem.
PLEASE,please tell me this is a joke.Unbelievable otherwise and you have big issues

Imagine that,another thread whining about something
Y'all ever start a thread about something you like? Especially at this time of year?
Yeah negativity sells better

PLEASE,please tell me this is a joke.Unbelievable otherwise and you have big issues

Not at all. Its a song about a guy plying a woman with liquor and doing everything he can to get her to stay at his place, austensibly so he can get his jollies, when she keeps telling him she needs to go home. Viewed through the time the song was written, she was being a demure polite thing and not a straight forward ball buster you might be more likely to encounter today. Its messed up. Even moreso through the lense of the 1940's & 50's when it was looked down upon for a single woman to be staying at a man's place overnight. I don't find the male actor in the song to be terribly gentlemanlike - offering warmth of his home against a snow storm - to me he comes off as a sleezy dude who won't take no for an answer trying to make it with a gal hes getting drunk. He could walk her home, drive her home, call a cab, whatever.

And it wasn't unheard of even back then to sing about uncouth behavior. Roy Browns "Butcher Pete" wasn't about a meat cutter.

People have been dirty since Eve convinced Adam to take a bite of fruit.

Everyone has issues. I just dont dig songs about taking advantage of inebriated women. Even cheerful ones.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top