JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Buy from a store and do it now.

Spoke to a friend in Reno at length today. He just left FedEx after 18 years with them. No retirement, no pension, no severance. He had had enough. Biden apparently is mandating UPS/Fedex and similar to go 24/7, but they haven't quite figured out how to finance any of it without huge financial repercussion. Some things he wasn't too happy about were coming down the pipeline because of it and he didn't want anything to do with it. He will be okay, but the gravity of the situation is severe.

Our logistics systems are in bad shape. He was saying that they are blowing money left and right in the wrong places. Hiring temps at ridiculously higher rates than actual employees. Meaning most if not all of the regulars are leaving. Renting empty lots to store trucks that wait in cue to get unloaded/sorted. Mandatory overtime. bubblegum work environment, and tons more micromanagement.

Worst one. Anytime a driver quits, they bid the route to subcontractors, the lowest bid wins. They have zero control over who drives those trucks. Look for the sticker near the door, mine is some random company. Lots of stuff getting stolen by subcontractors, marked delivered, never leaves the truck. Gets offloaded somewhere, then sold second hand or pawned.

He didn't stop there. He knows, and so do I, folks within UPS. It's not as bad there, but it's very similar. Good friend of the two of ours is saying the Reno UPS hub so understaffed and overwhelmed, stuff is stretched out almost 6-10 days longer than it ever was.

Amazon is just about done killing FedEx, and UPS is in their sights!

Thought I'd share.

On an entirely different note! If anyone sees a Paw Patrol original, not the movie or mighty pups, lookout tower. Let me know! Last gift on the list and it might be impossible to find!

Best wishes this holiday season! It sounds like it is going to be FUN,

Reno
So is this why I saw a dozen Amazon trucks sitting in the Bi-Mart parking lot in Tigard the other night?

So many people are hooked on the "convenience" of using Amazon. It (Amazon) will do the same thing to stores that Walmart did to the local mom and pop stores when they placed a store in their town-the mom and pop store went out of business….

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top