JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Will holiday gun sales translate to political action in 2016?
:s0057:
To read the news about guns as gifts under Christmas trees across the country yesterday, the notion of America being well armed was reinforced in multiples, but will that translate to political activism in 2016?

<broken link removed>

The ball is clearly in the court of gun owners, who will need to rise to the occasion, and that means doing more than arguing on Internet forums. They will need to organize, attend caucus meetings, meet candidates, stay in contact with their state legislators and get directly involved because it's their future at stake. Don't let someone else decide that future for you.

Was that a dig at us here on NWFA?;)

I totally agree with you though. I believe that our biggest problem is finding a way to unite us, even those on this site. There are many here that never venture to the "Legal & Political" section, people who aren't single issue voters; they will vote for the anti's because of "social" reasons, those that only care about one certain type of firearm and those that don't know that their rights are under attack (look at those that didn't know about SB 941 or I-594). I think that if we can figure this out before it's too late, we won't be able to be beat.

Ray

(look at those that didn't know about SB 941 or I-594).

Talked to a friend yesterday that I haven't seen in awhile, gun guy and he knew nothing about SB941 and thought I was crazy and same thing at work, most of them didn't know about it until I told them. Got to get the low info people informed of the truth.

Not necessarily a dig at anyone here, but if the shoe fits....
And 41Slinger, you can move to the head of the class. I was appalled by the number of gun people who claimed they didn't know about I-594. Just how stupid is that? C'mon, there's GOT to be a way to measure that degree of dumb.

Proposed 2015 weapons ban put forward by the Communists. I'm sure some Marxists would support the bill if greased enough. Being an election year, might prevent this gaining traction.
We the people can not possess any of the banned weapons, but the Politburo thugs sure can.

"(4) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to—

"(A) the importation for, manufacture for, sale to, transfer to, or possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, or a sale or transfer to or possession by a qualified law enforcement officer employed by the United States or a department or agency of the United States or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, for purposes of law enforcement (whether on or off duty), or a sale or transfer to or possession by a campus law enforcement officer for purposes of law enforcement (whether on or off duty);

"(B) the importation for, or sale or transfer to a licensee under title I of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 for purposes of establishing and maintaining an on-site physical protection system and security organization required by Federal law, or possession by an employee or contractor of such licensee on-site for such purposes or off-site for purposes of licensee-authorized training or transportation of nuclear materials;

"(C) the possession, by an individual who is retired in good standing from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving a firearm, of a semiautomatic assault weapon—

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/text

The problem of the politicians is easily solved...

Gun owners who support the 2A but who may also support other social agendas will likely vote for 'them'

We need to get pro gun measures on ballots. As we lost (here in WA), so can we win.

I dint understand why nothing is shaping up yet. Get something on the ballot every two years, period
We may not win, but we wont lose anything more... Plus its a lot more expensive to fight such things than it is to get then on the ballot.

It's the best way to fight, it's great for fence sitters who want to support gun rights but the whole conservative agenda.

We are so stupid politically. Always playing defense and playing opossum.

We should be fighting. Put up pro CCW measures or CCW in schools, etc
Something, anything! Every two years

Sell it to the highest bidder and buy something that makes you happy. You are not going to take it with you. Don't listen to the hardcore guys that say "don't shoot it." I bet that if you put a price on it they wouldn't buy it. They just like to talk about it and not own one or anything. Good luck.

Not necessarily a dig at anyone here, but if the shoe fits....
And 41Slinger, you can move to the head of the class. I was appalled by the number of gun people who claimed they didn't know about I-594. Just how stupid is that? C'mon, there's GOT to be a way to measure that degree of dumb.

That kind of stupid is waaaaaaaaay up there!
North of kissing a rattlesnake. :D

stupid-ometer.png

stupid-ometer.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR