JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is more important to you? Weight or value?

If I remember correctly, the ridgeline is a few ounces lighter. The larger muzzle diameter allows you to easily attach a suppressor in the future. Since the CF barrel is a larger diameter than the Mesa, it should hold tighter groups with fast repeated shots.

The Mesa barrel is the same as the Ridgeline, minus it being turned down and wrapped, so you should get the same performance as the Ridgeline for less. And it is cheaper.

One of my hunting friends just bought the Mesa after having this discussion with him.
He's very happy with it. During break in he is shooting 1/2"-5/8" groups with factory ammo. I don't think he is even done breaking it in.

overpriced, lots of hype. a buddy of mine missed the biggest buck he had ever had in his sights last year because the Christianson arms rifle failed to fire when the trigger was pulled. buck bolted and never saw him again.

What is more important to you? Weight or value?

If I remember correctly, the ridgeline is a few ounces lighter. The larger muzzle diameter allows you to easily attach a suppressor in the future. Since the CF barrel is a larger diameter than the Mesa, it should hold tighter groups with fast repeated shots.

The Mesa barrel is the same as the Ridgeline, minus it being turned down and wrapped, so you should get the same performance as the Ridgeline for less. And it is cheaper.

One of my hunting friends just bought the Mesa after having this discussion with him.
He's very happy with it. During break in he is shooting 1/2"-5/8" groups with factory ammo. I don't think he is even done breaking it in.
my off the shelf Rugers and Remmingtons shoot that well out of the box for 1/4 the price

This was a Ridgeline as you can see the barrel diameter changes about 3/4 of the way down Iv seen this on a few of them that Iv worked on

If it was me rolling the dice I'd look into the masa
Iv had sum shoot ok but more chamber problems then I'd like to see in a rifle of that price point..

2D7781AE-1F9F-463C-A30D-F4E8F3D8991D.jpeg 001BAFDA-4BDC-4CFB-B4F7-209B6C09906D.jpeg

My Ridgeline is perfectly reliable and accurate… sub 0.5moa with 6.5prc handloads. I like it enough I put mine in an AI chassis which I can control better for long range steel. I put the tactical bolt knob on mine. The factory one is small and hard to grab quickly.

Nothing wrong the Mesa, but if the price isn't too different, get the Ridgeline. The barrel weight is much lighter and cools quicker between strings. If you hunt only, u won't care.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top