JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've heard rumor that the ATF is going to require all vehicle mufflers be registered as silencers.

Harley motorcycle riders with loud pipes are the only ones excluded.

Better buy a Harley! :)

In another example of Van Jones's TOP DOWN stratagey:
ATF Classifies Chore Boy Pot Scrubber Pads NFA Firearms
David Codrea | Nov 15, 2011 | Comments 1

David Codrea's unregistered stockpile - for sale "off the books" to the highest cartel bidder. Chore Boy: the most trusted name in unregistered NFA firearms. Photo by David Codrea
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Firearms Technology Branch has deemed “Chore Boy copper cleaning pads, along with fiberglass insulation,” a firearm, subject to registration and a $200 transfer tax, an official letter obtained recently by Gun Rights Examiner reveals. The response to an attorney inquiry by John R. Spencer, Chief, Firearms Technology Branch, offers one of the more creatively restrictive assessments since ATF declared a shoestring to be a machinegun.

The rationale Spencer uses:

A silencer is a firearm per U.S. Code, subject to National Firearms Act registration and transfer tax requirements.

“ound/gas absorbing materials manufactured from Chore Boy copper cleaning pads, along with fiberglass insulation, constitute a silencer…”

Therefore, it is illegal for an individual to replace deteriorated material within an already- registered suppressor without an approved ATF Form 1, ‘Application to Make and Register a Firearm,’” along with a “$200.00 making tax” and “a ‘no-marking’ variance…since there is no viable area in which to apply a serial number to the sound-absorbing material.” Read more

Thats just arrogance, everything can be a silencer. Put it in front of the barrel and bam, silencer. Better save up for all those $200 stamps on everything in the house.

The insanity continues, but for how much longer till we can shut down this monster?

This reminds me of my recent attempt to make "Armor piercing bullets". My Luger barrel was leading up because my reloads were too hot for cast bullets, about 1200 FPS. I wondered about making bore scraping bullets to fire after a run of cast bullets, so I made some up on the lathe with .040" wide grooves .040" deep and with lands .040" wide, to scrape the lead off. I mentioned it in a forum thread about leading and was told I was making armor piercing bullets and could go to jail! The guy cited the law, but I replied "Surely intent comes into the mix", or something like that. He said no, if you have them you are guilty. I mentioned that someone else had already offered a similar product called "Bore Scrubbers" for sale, no matter.

Anyway, all that to point out that our nanny state is way out of hand. We need to form a replacement government based on the original constitution. We need to add language to the constitution that insures that all the twisted methods of sneaking around the original intent of that document cannot succeed, with expulsion from our country or some other very high punishment to anyone who even tries to abrogate the freedoms within it. It is so frustrating to see the perversions of law that slowly strangle our liberties away from us.

This reminds me of my recent attempt to make "Armor piercing bullets". My Luger barrel was leading up because my reloads were too hot for cast bullets, about 1200 FPS. I wondered about making bore scraping bullets to fire after a run of cast bullets, so I made some up on the lathe with .040" wide grooves .040" deep and with lands .040" wide, to scrape the lead off. I mentioned it in a forum thread about leading and was told I was making armor piercing bullets and could go to jail! The guy cited the law, but I replied "Surely intent comes into the mix", or something like that. He said no, if you have them you are guilty. I mentioned that someone else had already offered a similar product called "Bore Scrubbers" for sale, no matter.

Anyway, all that to point out that our nanny state is way out of hand. We need to form a replacement government based on the original constitution. We need to add language to the constitution that insures that all the twisted methods of sneaking around the original intent of that document cannot succeed, with expulsion from our country or some other very high punishment to anyone who even tries to abrogate the freedoms within it. It is so frustrating to see the perversions of law that slowly strangle our liberties away from us.

The problem is we have lost so much of our nation already.. there are huge swaths of no go zone for right thinking patriots.. maybe we need to think about Balkanization and independent free Republics as a temporary solution until we can get strong and retake the rest again. Would it be worth it to be able to tell your children and your grandchildren that you gave your all so that they could be truly free as you go to the artillery training grounds with their new state of the art cannons and not have to fear your own government?

:s0155:

It amuses me to no end that according to the ATF a shoelace and a Chore Boy are NFA items but that slidefire/bumpfire (SSA something as I recall) AR stock that COMES with an ATF rubber stamp letter isn't? I know none of it is really all that funny but I have to laugh otherwise I'd, well, do something else. :D

"ound/gas absorbing materials manufactured from Chore Boy copper cleaning pads, along with fiberglass insulation, constitute a silencer..."

Therefore, it is illegal for an individual to replace deteriorated material within an already- registered suppressor without an approved ATF Form 1, ‘Application to Make and Register a Firearm,'" along with a "$200.00 making tax" and "a ‘no-marking' variance...since there is no viable area in which to apply a serial number to the sound-absorbing material." Read more

Guess I am pretty ignorant when it comes to suppressors. Do they wear out? Would a reasonable gun owner try to "rejuvenate" a suppressor with insulation or pot scrubbers???????

"There’s no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." Ayn Rand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top