Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Choosing who to let go.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Mutoman, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

This was posted in The World Newspaper forum, I found it a great solution for employers that are facing letting employees go due to the economic slump.

IT'S ALL ABOUT CHANGE!

As the CFO of this business that employs 140 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our President, and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the clients will have to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8% but since we cannot increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will have to lay off at least six of our employees instead. This has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't know how to
    choose who will have to go..

So, this is what I did. I strolled through our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. These folks wanted change; I gave it to them.

If you have a better idea, let me know.

Sincerely, The Boss

I got this in an email and thought there were a few people I work with that have those very bumper stickers.

2. PosterGuy

PosterGuy Hillsboro Member

Ummm....I think I would base my decision on a persons work ethic and character. Saying that all 140 or so employees are the same is a cop out and sounds like a boss that doesn't want to make a tough decision. He thinks of everybody as "family" but is willing to fire people for unrelated political beliefs? The fact that he is laying people off before any changes have been made (legally and politically) means one thing...it's not the administration that has caused him to lay people off, it's his own poor business practices. He needs to man up and make the difficult choices, and not rely on downright descrimination to make his decision.

All that being said, I think this is one of those fake, rile people up internet letters. IMHO,

Nathan

3. PosterGuy

PosterGuy Hillsboro Member

By the way, the CFO would have nothing to do with deciding who would be fired throughout the company. At a company that small, it would be the CEO.

Nathan

4. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Please refer to our new rule on political posts:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.