JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was finally able to realize my goal of obtaining a Glock with the MOS slide. I ended up trekking down to Pantel Tactical in Renton where they placed my order for a Glock 19 Gen 4 MOS 9mm pistol. As an aside, I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the customer service, selection and staff knowledge that I encountered at Pantel Tactical. It was a very pleasant experience. The only bummer is that I'll have to wait for my Glock to arrive sometime next week and then make the trek again to pick it up. The deal I received made it very worthwhile though.

So now I am biding my time with the intention of purchasing a Trijicon RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex) sight to mount atop the milled out MOS slide. As it turns out, the Trijicon RMR's are nearly as much, if not more (depending upon the model) as the damn pistol. So I'd like to pose a question to anyone familiar with these set ups, or anyone just inclined to add their two cents. Should I wait it out to save my pennies and buy the extremely expensive but tried and true Trijicon RMR or is there an alternative sight out there that could arguably be as reliable as the Trijicon but without the prohibitive cost? I know I've seen people running Doctor sights atop the MOS slides as well as Meopta and Leupold Deltapoints. There are probably others as well. So is there a cheaper option that will perform and last as well as the Trijicon RMR?

If I do go with the Trijicon RMR, I have already determined that I will go with the RM06 because of it's 3.5 MOA dot and the ability to manually adjust the brightness of it. I'm certain that some of the other Trijicon RMR models would work well too but after doing a little research the RM06 seems best suited to the needs of a pistol sight.

Please chime in with any advice, suggestions or certainly any deals you might offer me on an MOS suitable optic you may have lying around and don't use any longer. Thanks for enduring the long winded query.

STOCK PHOTO (not mine):

sgsw3n.jpg

You won't get true cowitness with the mos system and your rmr will fall off because there is little metal for it to screw into! The mos system has terrible reviews! Spend the money and get a Suarez slide with suppressor sites! Beside the rmr next best is the Deltapoint pro

Haha LOL @ joellis,

Already got my Glock 19 Gen 4 set up and rock n' and a rollin'!! Runs just fine. I've already put an Agency Arms mag well and an Advanced Armament threaded barrel on it. My experience with the MOS? FANTASTIC!!!

Don't if you forgot to use Loctite or what but I think you're in the minority opinion on this, but I could be wrong.

FullSizeRender (28).jpg FullSizeRender (28).jpg IMG_2501.JPG IMG_2504.JPG IMG_2508.JPG IMG_2500.JPG

So I was finally able to realize my goal of obtaining a Glock with the MOS slide. I ended up trekking down to Pantel Tactical in Renton where they placed my order for a Glock 19 Gen 4 MOS 9mm pistol. As an aside, I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the customer service, selection and staff knowledge that I encountered at Pantel Tactical. It was a very pleasant experience. The only bummer is that I'll have to wait for my Glock to arrive sometime next week and then make the trek again to pick it up. The deal I received made it very worthwhile though.

So now I am biding my time with the intention of purchasing a Trijicon RMR (Ruggedized Miniature Reflex) sight to mount atop the milled out MOS slide. As it turns out, the Trijicon RMR's are nearly as much, if not more (depending upon the model) as the damn pistol. So I'd like to pose a question to anyone familiar with these set ups, or anyone just inclined to add their two cents. Should I wait it out to save my pennies and buy the extremely expensive but tried and true Trijicon RMR or is there an alternative sight out there that could arguably be as reliable as the Trijicon but without the prohibitive cost? I know I've seen people running Doctor sights atop the MOS slides as well as Meopta and Leupold Deltapoints. There are probably others as well. So is there a cheaper option that will perform and last as well as the Trijicon RMR?

If I do go with the Trijicon RMR, I have already determined that I will go with the RM06 because of it's 3.5 MOA dot and the ability to manually adjust the brightness of it. I'm certain that some of the other Trijicon RMR models would work well too but after doing a little research the RM06 seems best suited to the needs of a pistol sight.

Please chime in with any advice, suggestions or certainly any deals you might offer me on an MOS suitable optic you may have lying around and don't use any longer. Thanks for enduring the long winded query.

STOCK PHOTO (not mine):

View attachment 344971
There is another thread called pistol optics just started today all about the same stuff

ATEI cuts slides to fit the RMR, but you have to either buy their RMR or send yours to them. Doug at ATEI mentioned that each RMR can vary slightly which is why he needs the exact RMR unit you want to use. The MOS system does have some flaws because it is made to fit a wide variety of dot sights. Over time some have had a bad experience. I would personally use the RM09 (1 moa dot) because I would use the dot with NV. It's on my to do list.

I have a new 26 that I have thought about putting a RMR on.

I was so enamored with the concept that I did what I usually do and went overboard. I ended up buying a Performance Center M&P CORE by Smith and Wesson with the factory tuned trigger and suppressor sights that cowitness with the Vortex Venom that I have on it. See the link below. I wanted to see which I liked best. Honestly, the Smith Wesson is pretty friggin sweet. The reset on the trigger is almost imperceptible and allows for some very rapid fire. The ported barrel and slide are very effective at keeping the muzzle flat and on target even with the rapid fire trigger. This is probably one of the best optic ready pistol packages on the market IMHO that comes range ready from the factory.

WTS/WTT WA - Smith Wesson Performance Center Ported M&P 9 CORE w/Vortex Venom

I'm a lego type of guy and I like to dress my own barbies so I opted to keep the Glock and accessorize it myself, same as I do with my AR's.

ATEI cuts slides to fit the RMR, but you have to either buy their RMR or send yours to them. Doug at ATEI mentioned that each RMR can vary slightly which is why he needs the exact RMR unit you want to use, Doug also mills the posts. The MOS system does have some flaws because it is made to fit a wide variety of dot sights. Over time some have had a bad experiences. I would personally use the RM09 (1 moa dot) because I would use the dot with NV. I believe this system really benefits at longer distance pistol shots. Up close it's all point shooting anyway. It's on my to do list.

My pops sent his Glock 21 out to Saurez several weeks ago to have the slide milled and an RM06 installed along with suppressor sights. Never seen my dad so giddy with anticipation of getting that back. RMR on a Glock 21 (.45) isn't something you see every day.

You won't get true cowitness with the mos system and your rmr will fall off because there is little metal for it to screw into! The mos system has terrible reviews! Spend the money and get a Suarez slide with suppressor sites! Beside the rmr next best is the Deltapoint pro

Do you own a MOS version? Just read about it? I acheived a true co-witness with Ameriglo suppressor sights on my Gen 4 Glock 34 MOS mounting a Vortex Viper. Rock solid mount. Just had to call Vortex for the correct screws...which they sent free of charge.;)

Until something better comes along, the RMR and the Deltapoint Pro are the only red dots I would consider for serious pistol use. Anything else I would relegate to range use only. I have worked with the RMR for several years on multiple pistols and have trained with the DP Pro enough that it will be the next dot I purchase. I might trust a cheaper dot on a 22, or even a gently recoiling 223 rifle, but the violent action of a pistol slide is hard on optics, so a good optic and BUIS are necessities for any serious application.

The great thing about the MOS system is that it's compatible with multiple optics. The less than great thing about the MOS system is that it's compatible with multiple optics...the flexibility of the system is great but it comes at a cost. The adapter plate on the MOS doesn't leave a great deal of metal for the screws. I've seen dots fly off MOS Glocks in class twice. Just something to be aware of. Of course that is why we train to immediately transition back to irons. It's a bummer to lose the optic obviously but bubblegum happens and you train and adapt for it.

It was a smart decision on Glock's part to sell a jack of all trades slide...more people are willing to buy one if they can buy a cheaper dot. Personally I prefer a slide milled for a specific dot (makes for a more secure mount among other things), but when dipping a toe into the water of red dot pistols I certainly understand the ease of the MOS system.

The M&P Core follows the same idea but the design allows the screws to be seated more deeply, which is a good thing.

Regardless of which system you use, the red dot will redefine what people consider possible with a pistol. It takes some practice but once you're used to the system it will make you a more capable shooter.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top