JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LOL! It's wonderful that there are so many options, but there are just SO MANY OPTIONS! I think you should decide if you want direct thread or a QD mount setup. Also figure out if you're going to end up buying a bunch of these things or if you will sincerely try to one and done it. I'm currently lusting after the Nomad-30 – DeadAirSilencers

So

Many

Options........

Since the market for used silencers is basically non-existent they are more or less lifetime purchases. The double tax stamp to transfer them all but insures this. I would not focus so much on the price if you are inclined to do that sort of thing. Just make sure you get what you want. And since you most likely won't be testing one out first I guess what I mean is find a company and product with the best spiel that sounds good to you and just run with it. Let the marketing flow through you!

Good luck.

For a rifle suppressor, I wouldn't worry about getting one that can be disassembled. That really only matters for rimfire and pistol suppressors where there might be a lot of lead build-up. Most rifle suppressors are sealed units these days, though many of them do have interchangeable mounts and end caps.

Do you plan to only run this on a .300WM, or will it likely see multiple hosts and calibers? Some more info on your intended uses will help narrow down the selection process.

The Dead Air Nomad-30 recommended above is probably the best place to start, regardless. It's a larger diameter can, and the extra volume should really help with the .300WM. It also has plenty of mounting options available, from direct thread to multiple flavors of QD mounts.

The Sandman-S or Sandman-L might also be worth looking at, as well as the Energetic Armament VOX.

The SilencerCo Hybrid would be another good high volume can to look at, which also has plenty of mounting options.

If this is primarily for a precision rifle, I'd recommend taking a look at what Thunder Beast has to offer.

Again, more info on your intended hosts and uses will help narrow things down considerably.

If you'd like to take a look at a Dead Air Sandman-S in person, just shoot me a PM.

For a rifle suppressor, I wouldn't worry about getting one that can be disassembled. That really only matters for rimfire and pistol suppressors where there might be a lot of lead build-up. Most rifle suppressors are sealed units these days, though many of them do have interchangeable mounts and end caps.

Do you plan to only run this on a .300WM, or will it likely see multiple hosts and calibers? Some more info on your intended uses will help narrow down the selection process.

The Dead Air Nomad-30 recommended above is probably the best place to start, regardless. It's a larger diameter can, and the extra volume should really help with the .300WM. It also has plenty of mounting options available, from direct thread to multiple flavors of QD mounts.

The Sandman-S or Sandman-L might also be worth looking at, as well as the Energetic Armament VOX.

The SilencerCo Hybrid would be another good high volume can to look at, which also has plenty of mounting options.

If this is primarily for a precision rifle, I'd recommend taking a look at what Thunder Beast has to offer.

Again, more info on your intended hosts and uses will help narrow things down considerably.

If you'd like to take a look at a Dead Air Sandman-S in person, just shoot me a PM.
x2 on the hybrid. i have one. its great

IMG_0604.JPG

I have shot @v0lcom13sn0w hybrid. Great can but I decided to go another direction. :)

I went with the Thunder Beast Ultra 9 for my first .30 Cal suppressor. I haven't shot 300 WM through it yet but 7mm RM is just barely louder than my 6.5 CM. All of the guns I have used it on seem to be more accurate. No scientific testing. Just my observations. :)

That being said, if I was buying a suppressor just for 300 WM I would probably step up to the 338 Ultra.

Thanks to you all for your thoughts and recommendations. I will primarily be using the can for magnum calibers and I'm leaning towards direct thread.

I've seen you recommend this company before, but I'm rather skeptical. There's hardly any mention of them anywhere except for some threads on SilencerTalk in 2008 & 2011. Everything else is just marketing.

Their website claims they are using all stainless steel, where most modern manufacturers are using Inconel or Stellite for at least the blast baffle, if not the entire baffle stack. They also claim to be using a modified K-baffle, which is old technology, especially for centerfire rifle cans. Most importantly, their cans appear to be extremely heavy when compared to modern equivalents.

Just curious, but what is it about this company that causes you to recommend them over a more modern design, or a more mainstream company? What do they offer that makes them a better choice than their competitors?

From what I can tell, they're using older technology along with inferior materials, yet charging the same as a more modern suppressor from a major manufacturer.

What's the selling point?
:s0092:

Thanks to you all for your thoughts and recommendations. I will primarily be using the can for magnum calibers and I'm leaning towards direct thread.

Again, I would recommend the Thunder Beast 338 Ultra. I think you can get one that would direct thread but there muzzle brake mounts are very good and you could have them on multiple guns with different thread pitches if you so desired. Their brakes have a tapered shoulder that makes them very repeatable.

I'm in the market for a suppressor that can handle 300 win mag. I think I want a can I can disassemble, but I'm not sure. Anyone have a recommendation?
Tornado technologies in hillsboro has a good one for $400 including service for them to do paperwork and passport photo (they may not have any left you would have to check).

I purchased a silencerco omega as my first 30cal can. It was in stock at the gun shop and the price was good. I also have the saker 7.62. I run them on all my riffles, 223 ai up to 300wsm.
With both cans I run the www.area419.com hellfire mounting system. Easy on and off with repeatable accuracy after removal. In my opinion this is the best mounting system I have seen.

I purchased a silencerco omega as my first 30cal can. It was in stock at the gun shop and the price was good. I also have the saker 7.62. I run them on all my riffles, 223 ai up to 300wsm.
With both cans I run the www.area419.com hellfire mounting system. Easy on and off with repeatable accuracy after removal. In my opinion this is the best mounting system I have seen.
I'm not too familiar with the Area 419 mount, but have read good reviews on it.

I'm partial to the Dead Air Key-Mo mount personally, mainly because I like their muzzle brake, but the Q Plan B & Cherry Bomb mount is also good, as is the YHM mount.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top