JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is like this, when you are willing to accept reality and deal with things you can actually prepare for you can go out into the world and live a healthy happy life. When you allow absurd extremes to control your actions you will never be able to be prepared. It just cannot happen. Therefore you should just stay home because you will never achieve your idea of safety.

HUH?

Great story back aways about Masood Ahyoob? carrying his 5 shot 38 to get milk."I'm just getting milk"
Well the two shot guns at the store made his 38 snubby feel oh so wimpy
(never left the house without his P226 again)

Although I do not carry much,a 5 shot 38 snub is kind of a distraction tool ,the one you have in your pocket to handle the lead thug until you can get the 15+ shot semi auto out

Seems Flash Mobs are now attacking people at random. Large groups band together to assault and rob whomever happens their way. What do you carry to protect yourself and family from this kind of behavior? Looks like high cap guns may become all the rage :s0114::s0114:

jj

Well, if I'm in the UK or Illinois, I'd say my best bet would be a pillow or soap on a roap...

I picked it up from a NWFA member already put together by Fort Moe Arms - LLC, it's a Rem mod 11 12GA, holds 8 rounds with extension , newly parkerized , ribbed 18" barrel with gold bead, very nicely done. It's a bit heavy with steel receiver, but low recoil and a very fast shooter, I've even bump fired it. The lower one is a Rem mod 11 20 GA.

Love my old Ithaca Model 37 for this. Slam fires 5 rounds in a little over two seconds. Now where can I get a canister magazine for it, and maybe a water cooled barrel?:s0114:

Interesting those who think a revolver will keep a mob back. I remember in the LA riots when store keepers had to use rifles to defend their shops and still the mobs pressed on. At least one city is trying to stop the violence...

50 Kids Rounded Up in Curfew Crackdown | NBC Philadelphia

jj

I think it's interesting to see how a very few isolated incidents where incidentally no one is carrying AT ALL (so we have no idea what would work or not, it's all BS hot air) sparks the discussion that you should be prepared, at all times, for something that's even LESS likely to occur to you than the already very unlikely event of needing a firearm with a single opponent.

I don't walk around worrying about a flash mob attacking people randomly. It's just not something that happens with enough regularity to even be on my defensive radar. People should carry what they will actually HAVE, not the "perfect" gun for all possible situations. Wardrobe considerations alone dictate choice for the majority of folks, especially in places where it's 90+ degrees all summer long. That full-sized hi-cap gun in my closet isn't going to do me any good when I'm at the gym working out. The pocket gun in my gym shorts however, will save my butt and maybe yours.

And if you claim you've never neglected to put on your holster and dress around your gun on a quick errand, you are the rare exception. Which is exactly why I reccommend everyone have a snubby or other pocket gun. Because you WILL take that when you WON'T take the regular carry gun.

As for the Mas Ayoob thing, He may have said that in whatever article you were reading, but he said everyone should have a snubby for the exact reasons I just outlined in an article I read about a year ago. -Not that Mas Ayoob is the end-all, be-all on self defense either.

I think it's interesting to see how a very few isolated incidents where incidentally no one is carrying AT ALL (so we have no idea what would work or not, it's all BS hot air) sparks the discussion that you should be prepared, at all times, for something that's even LESS likely to occur to you than the already very unlikely event of needing a firearm with a single opponent.

I don't walk around worrying about a flash mob attacking people randomly. It's just not something that happens with enough regularity to even be on my defensive radar...
I'm probably not covering anything that hasn't been brought up here before, but I really gotta think it all boils down to context and knowing your environment and being aware of where you're going.

90% of the time you'll be fine with whatever you normally like to roll with for CC. And even though I'm part of the side that says one or two shots into the person laying hands violently on you will cause a "flash mob" intent on chaos and assault running fast, if I knew things were getting stirred up and had to go to someplace that was questionable on its own merits or to a place that might be a hub for trouble. that's when I'd grab a jacket and that high-cap hand cannon of death and mayhem.

I don't walk around worrying about a flash mob attacking people randomly. It's just not something that happens with enough regularity to even be on my defensive radar. People should carry what they will actually HAVE, not the "perfect" gun for all possible situations. Wardrobe considerations alone dictate choice for the majority of folks, especially in places where it's 90+ degrees all summer long. That full-sized hi-cap gun in my closet isn't going to do me any good when I'm at the gym working out. The pocket gun in my gym shorts however, will save my butt and maybe yours.

And if you claim you've never neglected to put on your holster and dress around your gun on a quick errand, you are the rare exception. Which is exactly why I reccommend everyone have a snubby or other pocket gun. Because you WILL take that when you WON'T take the regular carry gun.

As for the Mas Ayoob thing, He may have said that in whatever article you were reading, but he said everyone should have a snubby for the exact reasons I just outlined in an article I read about a year ago. -Not that Mas Ayoob is the end-all, be-all on self defense either.

The glock 26 is small and light and carries 11 shots of 9mm and more with a quick reload. Far better than any revolver, priced less than most and a choice of sites that revolvers don't have. In my expearience the glock shoots straighter than any snub nose revolver and has a far better trigger when forced into action. Double action snubbies are hard to learn and money wasted.

Times change and the old technology might work in a pinch but look at todays world. What agency carries revolvers?

jj

The Glock 26 is about twice the mass of a S&W model 37 or other small pocket gun like the Kahr P45 or Ruger LCP.

If you're a capacity nut, I'm not even going into it with you. Emergency reloads are fast, even with a revolver.

The entire essence of concealed carry is compromise. Your G26 is is a XXX of a compromise DOWN from an ideal carry pistol. And the "Ideal" carry pistol is a Giant step down in stopping power from a rifle.

You're already sacrificing stopping power and potential capacity as well as range with that gun.

It works for you in your situation. Wonderful. It won't work for everyone all the time. As for revolvers, you need to be around more people who shoot revolvers well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don up here at Doc Neeley's gun shop is a cowboy shooter.He says he can run the gamut at 28 seconds.There is a local kid that does it in 17
14? and he is in the top 3 in the country.Oh,17 seconds include penalties for misses.

AOW4.jpg

Kind of difficult to conceal at the State Fair, but who's gonna argue with a .73 caliber black hole of death?:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top