JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These are not people in riot mode, they are hoodlums looking to give a beat-down to anyone they encounter. As always with bullies, if you take one down the rest run. My post was snark, as I don't carry a snubby because I can't shoot them worth a damn. But Yes, I would be willing to bet my life that these little groups of thugs would run like **** when a citizen started blasting them.
Especially if more than one started blasting from different angles. When I read that story I said "what could have solved that problem was two or three CCL holders opening fire."

Yep not much of a topic of disscussion I guess. It has all been covered years ago after the LA riots and no need to re-visit old happenings. Not much chance of an economy collapse that will turn those mobs into full riots and anyway 6 shots are enough according to the expert.:s0112::s0112:

jj

A flamethrower would also be good. Most animals retreat from fire... :)

25C_flamethrower.jpg

For a mob?! :s0001:

I'd have to say a samurai sword and turn into the Tasmanian devil and cut'em down. But that is highly unlikely. Soooo. Me trusty glock is going to have to do. Get one and the rest should flee.

Interesting those who think a revolver will keep a mob back. I remember in the LA riots when store keepers had to use rifles to defend their shops and still the mobs pressed on. At least one city is trying to stop the violence...

50 Kids Rounded Up in Curfew Crackdown | NBC Philadelphia

jj

If you are going to make decisions based on extremes and absurd situations then your 30 round AR15 is not going to hold back a crowd of hundreds either. You will be swarmed and killed. So just keep your backside home.

Works on zombies, too...................

2vmbp7m.jpg

I approve.:s0155:

I always dug the A-5. Grew up shooting a Savage rendition.

Let's hear some details on that top unit.

I picked it up from a NWFA member already put together by Fort Moe Arms - LLC, it's a Rem mod 11 12GA, holds 8 rounds with extension , newly parkerized , ribbed 18" barrel with gold bead, very nicely done. It's a bit heavy with steel receiver, but low recoil and a very fast shooter, I've even bump fired it. The lower one is a Rem mod 11 20 GA.

If you are going to make decisions based on extremes and absurd situations then your 30 round AR15 is not going to hold back a crowd of hundreds either. You will be swarmed and killed. So just keep your backside home.

Why do you carry a gun if your best advice is "stay at home"? Yet your advice that a 6 shot revolver is good enough kinda fails too. What police agency carries revolvers anymore, none of them do. Revolvers are ancient tech from the 1800s. What do todays cops carry? Certianly if it's good enough for any situation for them then it's good enough for the rest of us.

jj

Why do you carry a gun if your best advice is "stay at home"? Yet your advice that a 6 shot revolver is good enough kinda fails too. What police agency carries revolvers anymore, none of them do. Revolvers are ancient tech from the 1800s. What do todays cops carry? Certianly if it's good enough for any situation for them then it's good enough for the rest of us.

jj
It is like this, when you are willing to accept reality and deal with things you can actually prepare for you can go out into the world and live a healthy happy life. When you allow absurd extremes to control your actions you will never be able to be prepared. It just cannot happen. Therefore you should just stay home because you will never achieve your idea of safety.

I picked it up from a NWFA member already put together by Fort Moe Arms - LLC, it's a Rem mod 11 12GA, holds 8 rounds with extension , newly parkerized , ribbed 18" barrel with gold bead, very nicely done. It's a bit heavy with steel receiver, but low recoil and a very fast shooter, I've even bump fired it. The lower one is a Rem mod 11 20 GA.

I thought the bottom one might have been a model 11 Remington but the extention and forestock on the upper one threw me off. Interestingly enough I have one in 12 ga and am negotiating a trade for one in 20 ga even now. Perhaps shortly (except for the extention) I'll have a pair to match your pair. I too love the way they shoot.

So............ the well trained veteran man in blue is less prepared than you all?

Hmmmmmm....... It is his daily life and living. I salute all of our boys in blue.

How many of our boys in blue are disarmed and shot with their own handgun?

Your all dead meat if a mob does a flash mob on you. Kiss you XXX good buy.

So............ the well trained veteran man in blue is less prepared than you all?

Hmmmmmm....... It is his daily life and living. I salute all of our boys in blue.

How many of our boys in blue are disarmed and shot with their own handgun?

Your all dead meat if a mob does a flash mob on you. Kiss you XXX good buy.

WHAT THE ****!!!! Are the boys from Graham "flash mobbing" this thread. Two posts from Graham at the same time in the same thread ??? Crap... my post was first I'll probably be the first one shot.

WHAT THE ****!!!! Are the boys from Graham "flash mobbing" this thread. Two posts from Graham at the same time in the same thread ??? Crap... my post was first I'll probably be the first one shot.

How about the facts dude.

We have lost 5 of our boys in blue recently dumb sh!t.

Why don't I post much?

Cause I find myself talking with little boys who only shave every two months and just barely have any color to their pubic hair.

till next time.

It is like this, when you are willing to accept reality and deal with things you can actually prepare for you can go out into the world and live a healthy happy life. When you allow absurd extremes to control your actions you will never be able to be prepared. It just cannot happen. Therefore you should just stay home because you will never achieve your idea of safety.

:s0112: Safety isn't my key concern:s0112: The thread is about the choice of weapons you carry when you are in a place which has flash mobs of the violent kind. You choose a 6 shot revolver because you believe the threat cannot happen in your world. I am not much of a couch potato and tend to travel alot so your world is much different than mine.

I guess if I lived in a small world I could be just like you and know things just can't happen. Bet that is what people were thinking in the twin towers on 911.

jj

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads