JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would depend on the mentality of the mob. Are they all cowards, who are only brave in numbers? In this case a J-frame may drop a few and disperse the rest. Or you could drop one or two with a standard capacity nine before they disarm you and kill you. There are just too many variables to predict what could happen. I think what would make the biggest difference is not your weapon but your own demeanor. Draw your weapon, have a strong assertive voice and show no fear, blast a few, (maybe not in that order) and they may move on. Act like a victim and you'll be a victim every time.

If I had to protect myself from a mob at close range, i'd probably want something like an ar15 pistol with a beta mag.
More realistically, i'd probably carry my beretta px4 9mm with a few 20round mags, or my glock 26 with a few 32 round mags.

This one I just built would be good for a flash mob attack, but man it would require a huge pocket holster...and some big pockets.

IMAG0458.jpg

OK I guess if I was out walking with the wife and around the corner came one of these mobs and we couldn't exit stage right. Then they would most likely run into a Charter Arms Undercover in .38spl or a Bulldog Pug in .44spl both 5rd revolvers I carry a pair of speedloaders. Now the wife would be their biggest problem as she carries an Astra A-90 9mm with two .40SW mags that hold 18 rds of 115gr HP's so she has one mag swap to deliver 37 rounds.

If I was defending my house well Lord help the mob as they would be running into me laying on my roof on the back side of the ridge with an M1 carbine and about 20) 15rd mags of 110gr soft nose. And My 870 with #6 bird shot. The wife would most likely be running her Astra watching the ONLY way into our backyard that doesn't involve a 8ft high wood fence with no way to climb over (no hand holds or foot holds)

Is this thread serious? I guess I don't have the time to consider what I would do if I were attacked by a flashmob... whatever that is.

Act like your a member of the mob and then slip out the side after the danger of being a potential target has passed maybe? I'm not saying flash mob attacks couldn't happen, but one day common sense will break out (I'm hoping) and you all wont have to worry about how you are going to defend yourselves in these incredibly unrealistic scenarios.

Really? Do you think a flash mob is going to sneak up and attack you?

Is this thread serious? I guess I don't have the time to consider what I would do if I were attacked by a flashmob... whatever that is.

Act like your a member of the mob and then slip out the side after the danger of being a potential target has passed maybe? I'm not saying flash mob attacks couldn't happen, but one day common sense will break out (I'm hoping) and you all wont have to worry about how you are going to defend yourselves in these incredibly unrealistic scenarios.

Flash mobs are everywhere. I make sure to check under my bed for one every night. I also check my glovebox before getting into my car.

Is this thread serious? I guess I don't have the time to consider what I would do if I were attacked by a flashmob... whatever that is.QUOTE]

I keep seeing that stupid AT&T commercial with that guy dancing by himself and his phone says Flashmob time is moved.

I had to ask my wife like 4 times WTF that is........... If people do that there is not many important things in their life to do............

Must be on the government teet............

I sure hope not. Eugene hasnt seen violent mobs since the anarchists.
The mobs didnt really sneak up on people, they tended to block the streets with hundreds of people, then broke out car windows and/or flipped them over... With the people still inside. If you got out of your car in time, you still had to avoid the unwashed masses and thier flying rocks.
I dont foresee this happening again anytime soon, but I didnt really see it coming last time either.

In Philadelphia, it's a current problem.

Philly mayor Michael Nutter has now dropped the hammer on the carnage caused by flash mobs. Recent weeks have seen several Philly residents left with severe injuries as a result of attacks by teens, and Nutter isn't having it any more.
WTF? Philly Mayor Institutes Curfew To Stop Flash Mobs | Complex
<broken link removed>

Heck, even Wisconsin is having problems with sneak attacks:
The light turned, and I got attacked from behind. I just got hit in the back of the head real hard. I'm like, 'What the heck is going on here?' I heard my bell ring."
<broken link removed>

I think it's easier to say that you'd just blend in with a group of violent teenagers, than it is to actually accomplish it.
Especially when even the teenagers are getting assaulted.
2 more injury reports in South St. flash mob A review added a boy, 13, and an officer - for a total of four from the March 20 youth melee. - Philly.com

Brother,I'm kinda slow and I know what 'flash mobs' are.If you go to an organized event,in a big city,these will be common

Sooooo,I guess that a 'flash mob defense' will have to be organized?
Be kinda ugly huh?
Bunch of armed citizens "flash mobbin'' against the bully flash mob ? All this would take is a few concerned citizens trading phone numbers

You'll only die tired?

:s0112::s0112::s0112: I guess some don't read as much as others:s0112::s0112:

What has happened is a large group of young blacks at a state fair targeted whites as they left the fair.. Now you may have a tan that lets you blend right in but if you didn't and you were at the fair then you got your butt kicked.:s0114::s0114:

jj

I imagine it wouldn't take more the 3 or 4 shots to scare off any mob. no one want's to take a chance of being the next to get shot. they are looking for easy loot, it's not like they have some cause they are willing to die for.
people will act the same regardless of the firearm pointed at them. it could be a .22 or .50AE any thing should work.

These are not people in riot mode, they are hoodlums looking to give a beat-down to anyone they encounter. As always with bullies, if you take one down the rest run. My post was snark, as I don't carry a snubby because I can't shoot them worth a damn. But Yes, I would be willing to bet my life that these little groups of thugs would run like **** when a citizen started blasting them.

That all depend on the mob, if we're talking about a group of punks pulling dirtbag games than yeah 3 or 4 shots or snub nose revolver will probably do the trick but if it's a really pissed off crowd in riot mode I'd suggest some reevaluation. Either way I'd rather have the 16 in my G19 + the 15 spare. Or am I the only one that has read/heard mob horror stories and tried to reload a small revolver under stress?
I am going to disagree a bit. I have been overseas and seen groups in full riot mode. I have also seen the mood change immediately from forceful violence to panicked fleeing at the first sounds of gunfire. When people are in riot mode their base instincts are in control. When they hear a life threatening sound like gunfire the flight instinct kicks in quick. I have seen people several hundred people back in a crowd turn and run like they had been shot themselves at the mere sound of a flash grenade.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top