JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Choose between the two

• Total voters
Reactions
Supposing you were given just two choices for a CCW one being a Browning 1911-380 chambered in 380 acp with a standard 8+1 capacity and the other being a Ruger EC9S chambered in 9mm with a standard 7+1 capacity, which would you choose. The caveat being you carry with the one mag in the firearm.

This post is purely for fun and to inspire a friendly conversation amongst our community. I would like to see what our community would choose if posed with two choices for a CCW. The two choices are similar in the regard that they are single stack and what I consider sub compact size pistols. Both are semi automatic and I think are dimensional similar in size to negate that variable. The two pistol differentiate in caliber (380 vs 9mm) and capacity (8+1 vs 7+1) without using extended magazines. One is Hammer fired while the other is striker.

A reply with a simple A,B,C or D answer would suffice but I'd encourage you to elaborate on your choice.

Browning 1911-380 doesn't make sense as a concealed carry option. The Springfield Armory 911 would be a much better choice of .380 in a 1911 style package. It's just a size thing...

For that reason along I voted for the Ruger... Otherwise a 911 in .380 would be a choice :D

If those are the only choices, I'll take both of them. That way when one fails I would have another POS to rely on...

What is this an election poll? Both of those choices are lame!

BACON!

I have owned *essentially* both guns: the Colt .380 government model, and the Ruger LC9S. I now carry the latter, and I sold off the former. I actually liked the .380 a lot, especially the thinness which helps for IWB carry. The one thing that annoyed me about it was that multiple times I would pull it from my holster and the magazine would drop. Of course I could have shaved the mag release so it didn't stick out so far, but for some reason I got disgusted and sold it.

I wish the Ruger had an extra half inch of barrel, or polygonal rifling. I like a little more velocity to ensure bullet expansion. But hey, no gun is perfect. The Ruger has an excellent trigger and does a great job of putting rounds on the target. And it's 9mm, which helps. It ain't pretty, though.

If you want a gun you like, get the .380. If you want a gun that works, get the Ruger.

I am taking the Ruger, because I stock no 380.

But I am thinking of getting one of these:
eb509836-4775-403f-93b1-1925b38007af_3.b4aa4447c4ac0b84d3fc0f778d874658[1].png

:p

I wouldn't go with anything less then a 9mm.

Now having said that - I will shorts carry a Walther P-22 cuz it's better then nothing:oops: at all but I always have a spare mag for any gun I carry.

I also keep a SCCY CPX-2 cuz it's 10+1 of 9mm but it's mostly just a backup gun and a oh sh!t gun.

I have my waistline and the possibility that my pants will end up around my knees if I pick incorrectly.

And yet......I choose......

BACON

Then, there is the weight factor of the two handgun choices?

Aloha, Mark

PS....I have a DiamondBack 9mm that suits me.

I also went with bacon, but only because I carry 10mm these days. G29, DW CBOB, and P220 Legion. The Legion has a light, everything else is very concealable and recoil is very manageable.

Browning 1911-380 doesn't make sense as a concealed carry option. The Springfield Armory 911 would be a much better choice of .380 in a 1911 style package. It's just a size thing...

For that reason along I voted for the Ruger... Otherwise a 911 in .380 would be a choice :D
Agree. Many guns are patterned on the 1911 but are much smaller for concealed carry. Some of these shoot well for a small gun. Some are descendants of the colt mustang in terms of design.
Fe sig p938 (9mm) on left vs browning 380 on the right.
5E90145E-D821-43FE-9622-CCC266AE0E99.png

Last Edited:
we're talking concealed here... it's no contest.
I'll take the (relatively)ugly, yet efficient tool in an effective caliber over underpowered bling-bling any day.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top