JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Choose between the two

• Total voters
Reactions
Supposing you were given just two choices for a CCW one being a Browning 1911-380 chambered in 380 acp with a standard 8+1 capacity and the other being a Ruger EC9S chambered in 9mm with a standard 7+1 capacity, which would you choose. The caveat being you carry with the one mag in the firearm.

This post is purely for fun and to inspire a friendly conversation amongst our community. I would like to see what our community would choose if posed with two choices for a CCW. The two choices are similar in the regard that they are single stack and what I consider sub compact size pistols. Both are semi automatic and I think are dimensional similar in size to negate that variable. The two pistol differentiate in caliber (380 vs 9mm) and capacity (8+1 vs 7+1) without using extended magazines. One is Hammer fired while the other is striker.

A reply with a simple A,B,C or D answer would suffice but I'd encourage you to elaborate on your choice.

Browning 1911-380 doesn't make sense as a concealed carry option. The Springfield Armory 911 would be a much better choice of .380 in a 1911 style package. It's just a size thing...

For that reason along I voted for the Ruger... Otherwise a 911 in .380 would be a choice :D

If those are the only choices, I'll take both of them. That way when one fails I would have another POS to rely on...

What is this an election poll? Both of those choices are lame!

BACON!

I have owned *essentially* both guns: the Colt .380 government model, and the Ruger LC9S. I now carry the latter, and I sold off the former. I actually liked the .380 a lot, especially the thinness which helps for IWB carry. The one thing that annoyed me about it was that multiple times I would pull it from my holster and the magazine would drop. Of course I could have shaved the mag release so it didn't stick out so far, but for some reason I got disgusted and sold it.

I wish the Ruger had an extra half inch of barrel, or polygonal rifling. I like a little more velocity to ensure bullet expansion. But hey, no gun is perfect. The Ruger has an excellent trigger and does a great job of putting rounds on the target. And it's 9mm, which helps. It ain't pretty, though.

If you want a gun you like, get the .380. If you want a gun that works, get the Ruger.

I am taking the Ruger, because I stock no 380.

But I am thinking of getting one of these:
eb509836-4775-403f-93b1-1925b38007af_3.b4aa4447c4ac0b84d3fc0f778d874658[1].png

:p

I wouldn't go with anything less then a 9mm.

Now having said that - I will shorts carry a Walther P-22 cuz it's better then nothing:oops: at all but I always have a spare mag for any gun I carry.

I also keep a SCCY CPX-2 cuz it's 10+1 of 9mm but it's mostly just a backup gun and a oh sh!t gun.

I have my waistline and the possibility that my pants will end up around my knees if I pick incorrectly.

And yet......I choose......

BACON

Then, there is the weight factor of the two handgun choices?

Aloha, Mark

PS....I have a DiamondBack 9mm that suits me.

I also went with bacon, but only because I carry 10mm these days. G29, DW CBOB, and P220 Legion. The Legion has a light, everything else is very concealable and recoil is very manageable.

Browning 1911-380 doesn't make sense as a concealed carry option. The Springfield Armory 911 would be a much better choice of .380 in a 1911 style package. It's just a size thing...

For that reason along I voted for the Ruger... Otherwise a 911 in .380 would be a choice :D
Agree. Many guns are patterned on the 1911 but are much smaller for concealed carry. Some of these shoot well for a small gun. Some are descendants of the colt mustang in terms of design.
Fe sig p938 (9mm) on left vs browning 380 on the right.
5E90145E-D821-43FE-9622-CCC266AE0E99.png

Last Edited:
we're talking concealed here... it's no contest.
I'll take the (relatively)ugly, yet efficient tool in an effective caliber over underpowered bling-bling any day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top