JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Choose between the two

• Total voters
I chose the Ec9, mostly based on that .380 is such a pita to reload. Small cases, and very sensitive to that tenth of a grain measuring limit on most scales. 9MM at least tends to have very good penetration. To those of you who chose bacon, I wish you luck in trying to buy off your attacker with food! ( Or maybe you can get them to eat enough that their arteries harden enough to freeze them in place? ) :p

I have owned *essentially* both guns: the Colt .380 government model, and the Ruger LC9S. I now carry the latter, and I sold off the former. I actually liked the .380 a lot, especially the thinness which helps for IWB carry. The one thing that annoyed me about it was that multiple times I would pull it from my holster and the magazine would drop. Of course I could have shaved the mag release so it didn't stick out so far, but for some reason I got disgusted and sold it.

I wish the Ruger had an extra half-inch of barrel, or polygonal rifling. I like a little more velocity to ensure bullet expansion. But hey, no gun is perfect. The Ruger has an excellent trigger and does a great job of putting rounds on the target. And it's 9mm, which helps. It ain't pretty, though.

If you want a gun you like, get the .380. If you want a gun that works, get the Ruger.
I have four .380's for C/C. My LCP II with a Lasetmax Gripsense is in my humble opinion the best of the bunch. You pull trigger<> It goes BANG ... EVERY SINGLE TIME for 2 1/2 years and NEVER a misfire or failure to eject. Gotta LOVE that. ( G42, 911, P-238 are the others. OH and almost forgot my tineeee weenie Seecamp .380)

Last Edited:
The choices again were between?

themantuary-bacon-bra.jpg
No..... it's not Lady Gaga's meat dress.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top