JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't take it at Fisherman's, but the CHL class I took was not informative in the least. I was very disappointed in the subject matter, as it covered very little in regards to the concealed carry laws. I would not call it a complete waste of time as it allowed me to get my CHL. But other than that, there was absolutely nothing redeeming about it. Basically, it is an very entry level handgun safety class. You might learn something if you have never been around firearms before.

My advice would be to find whoever does it the cheapest or has the shortest duration of class time. If you are familiar at all with firearms, you will likely learn next to nothing from the class.

You get what you pay for. Cheap classes get you the slip you need for OR CHL. Better classes cost more, but they're better: laws, tactics, decision making, safety, etc. Look to Oregon Firearms Academy as an example of one of the best offering training in Oregon.

true. if you already know stuff, just take whatever/whoever is cheapest.

if you are new to the firearms, spend few more to know better about firearms, laws and safety. good luck and have fun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top