Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

chl

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by kaybearheck, Jan 9, 2013.

1. kaybearheck

kaybearheck beaverton, oregon New Member

Has anyone here have taken the class at fishermen's marine ? Did you get a lot out of it ?

2. HahnsXD

HahnsXD Battle Ground WA Active Member

I took it there to get my non resident CHL. Basically a waste of time if you know much about the laws and such already. But required :rolleyes:

3. packed

packed Molalla Member

I took it a few years back and wasn't impressed. It did meet the minimum requirement to get my CHL....

4. safehaven

safehaven Second star to the right Member

I didn't take it at Fisherman's, but the CHL class I took was not informative in the least. I was very disappointed in the subject matter, as it covered very little in regards to the concealed carry laws. I would not call it a complete waste of time as it allowed me to get my CHL. But other than that, there was absolutely nothing redeeming about it. Basically, it is an very entry level handgun safety class. You might learn something if you have never been around firearms before.

My advice would be to find whoever does it the cheapest or has the shortest duration of class time. If you are familiar at all with firearms, you will likely learn next to nothing from the class.

5. 97321

97321 Albany Active Member

You get what you pay for. Cheap classes get you the slip you need for OR CHL. Better classes cost more, but they're better: laws, tactics, decision making, safety, etc. Look to Oregon Firearms Academy as an example of one of the best offering training in Oregon.

6. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

true. if you already know stuff, just take whatever/whoever is cheapest.

if you are new to the firearms, spend few more to know better about firearms, laws and safety. good luck and have fun.