JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Renewal for me in Lincoln County recently was 3 week wait for appointment (made in early January – they "do them" every Wednesday or is it Tuesday) and gotta make that appointment! Then about 3 weeks to receive it ....

Oh no, no "online" here ...

Last Edited:
Received in mail 3/15/2022
I find FOUR months to get the official OK for a legal right to be overly obnoxious. Goes to show just how much the state of oregon cares about it citizens.

Once the wife got the correct picture for the renewal to Utah for their permit it was in the mail box seven days later

I find FOUR months to get the official OK for a legal right to be overly obnoxious. Goes to show just how much the state of oregon cares about it citizens.

Once the wife got the correct picture for the renewal to Utah for their permit it was in the mail box seven days later
While I do not disagree about how much or little the State of Oregon cares, I think that it is more accurate to say how little the Multnomah County Sheriff cares, given that as a non resident I was able to renew my OR CHL from request for an appointment to license in hand in under 24 hours in a county that was different from where it had originally been issued.

While I do not disagree about how much or little the State of Oregon cares, I think that it is more accurate to say how little the Multnomah County Sheriff cares, given that as a non resident I was able to renew my OR CHL from request for an appointment to license in hand in under 24 hours in a county that was different from where it had originally been issued.
Good point. Clearly the entire pool of employees are likely from multco and/or liberal. And we know the vast majority are anti self defense/gun rights.

To be fair, From my appointment to issuance was only a couple of weeks. The four months was waiting for the appointment.

I go to the public range every weekend where they have an Intro to Firearms class. Most people take this class to fulfill the training requirement for their CHL. Every weekend the class is full to capacity and most of the attendees are middle-aged women.

I don't think Multnomah is dragging it's feet, in fact they recently moved to a bigger facility and are supposedly able to process more applications quicker. I think they just have a lot of applicants and PDX is going downhill so quickly that more residents are arming themselves in preparation

For renewal, I just sent in my pound of flesh to Washington county and received my new card exactly seven days later.
Not surprised, as from the beginning, many decades ago, they have always been helpful and accommodating.
I must be living right, as according to my card, my likeness has not changed since 2018:D wished I could say the same about my bones.

PDX is going downhill so quickly that more residents are arming themselves in preparation
You have this part ^^ right.
The sheriff of multco is on record of being anti Second amendment. He is a staunch supporter of more restrictions on legal, law abiding, gun owners. As is the majority of so called reps at the state capitol.

I'm curious about this "New" facility of which you speak? Last time the wife and I re-upped it was at the building that was severely damaged by violent, rioting, far left, criminal nut jobs, on NE 47th and Burnside. Which is now up and running again, with the garage doors open, glass in the windows and violent graffiti painted over.

I'm curious about this "New" facility of which you speak?

1647571743117.png

View attachment 1156836
Good lord! They hid it way out there to make it harder for the antifa muggs to find? And if they do find it they'd be stuck with only one way in and out.
License expired, I went in the next day in Lane County. The nearest appointment date for renewal… 4 months. WTF!?
Ahhh, Lane County, Multnomah County South. Would you expect anything different?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top