JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know then. You were supposed to go to the back of the line not the front.
I have been told The initial check is automated so if it clears automatically, CHL or not, you walk home happy. You get put in the que if your info doesn't match what they have on file or they can't verify your identity.

I guess the sheriff has more to do that just run a BGC though. He is supposed to call your references also, which I don't think they do.
Here is a thread regarding BGCs. You will see plenty of people without CHLs that get instant approval. The deal with getting put too the front if you have a CHL is that if you don't pass the automatic check, then you get special treatment. If you want to discuss more let's do it here.

I've had 10 out of 11 BGCs go through within 10 minutes in the last few months. The one that got hung up was because the firearm was not purchased by a person so it was still attached to their BGC that went past 29 days when everything was really bad. I've done a trade, bought used and new, only the one issue. I was waiting at Sportsman's for over an hour and watched about 8 other people who all cleared instantly also. So they can and do clear instantly often.

I've been trying to figure out why people get put on the list. I just moved to OR from CA and thought since all my info has changed I would have to wait but nope. I'm wondering, does everyone else put their SSN?

I'm presuming that as long as your info matches what they have in the system it clears. If something doesn't match it gets put in line. If they can't verify your identity for some reason you get put in the que?? There is another thread that we were discussing this and no one knows.
2/3 of the background checks i did in 2020 took less then a half hour, one I got there at closing time, so it wasn't until the next day.

Both of mine this year are the ones that have been hung up. The 2 this year have been at 2 separate Gun shops here in Springfield, and both have warned me that there has been a log jam, before I even handed them my filled out 4473.

So the assumption that these are taking a long time because some of our BCGs are getting "flagged" doesn't add up.

If you've 10 transfers this year and gotten them all in less then an hour then either you have an FFL that either has a loophole or something.

Call any FFL in the Eugene/Springfield area and ask how long background checks are taking, and the 4 I've talked too ( because I did call around and see if my situation was abnormal, its not for this area anyways) everyone ove spoke with all says 4+ weeks and the only way to expedite this is to possess a current CCL.

Are you in Portland? Or surrounding area? Do you do security work that requires you to have a firearm (dpsst cert or whatever), or maybe you work as a LEO, or TSA or something

Because if not I've no clue how your sheet goes through so fast.

I'm not new to buying guns and I've done nothing different this year then in previous years

2/3 of the background checks i did in 2020 took less then a half hour, one I got there at closing time, so it wasn't until the next day.

Both of mine this year are the ones that have been hung up. The 2 this year have been at 2 separate Gun shops here in Springfield, and both have warned me that there has been a log jam, before I even handed them my filled out 4473.

So the assumption that these are taking a long time because some of our BCGs are getting "flagged" doesn't add up.

If you've 10 transfers this year and gotten them all in less then an hour then either you have an FFL that either has a loophole or something.

Call any FFL in the Eugene/Springfield area and ask how long background checks are taking, and the 4 I've talked too ( because I did call around and see if my situation was abnormal, its not for this area anyways) everyone ove spoke with all says 4+ weeks and the only way to expedite this is to possess a current CCL.

Are you in Portland? Or surrounding area? Do you do security work that requires you to have a firearm (dpsst cert or whatever), or maybe you work as a LEO, or TSA or something

Because if not I've no clue how your sheet goes through so fast.

I'm not new to buying guns and I've done nothing different this year then in previous years
I have no special circumstances that would give me special treatment. I worked in the AV business and am now a stay at home dad for the time being. Most of the guns I bought were from sportsman's warehouse. I don't understand why you don't think an average citizen can get put through fast, most times in was like 10 minutes. One of the working theories is the name. I promise I am the only person in Oregon with my combination of first middle last, so they identify me quickly. Where if you a John Smith there are probably other John Smiths that have a record.

Go to this link. We are off topic. We've been speculating why some get instant approval and some don't. I've really just been guessing.

Interesting. I thought there had to be an actual conviction.
Sounds like some sort of red flag law BS, red flag laws are used to eliminate the need for due process, and remove any kind of burden of proof.

If the charge was someone accusing him of being a danger to himself or others they can deny him his constitutional right to carry based on hearsay.

Its death by a thousand cuts desensitize citizens to their rights being stripped little by little, and most sheeple won't even realize what their having taken away, until its to late and bybthet point its just been accepted.

Last month I scheduled my CCL appointment at the Lane County sheriff's office, the earliest they had was 05-25-2022. It said in their site that as cancelations happen they make those appointments available, and to check back regularly, so I've been checking the website everyday since, and.......

Just got an appointment for January 31st 2022 😁🍻🇺🇲

Wife got hers today. Made appt on July 18th for 10/29 interview and card showed up on 10/10. She would of had it on the interview date but I screwed up the application when I reviewed it on her phone. I checked that she had an active restraining order

Multnomah county... I applied for mine on May 4th, scheduled the in-person "interview" and gave them my money. Ironically I finally got the card today. So, over 6 months. The card itself took about 90 days to show up, they told me that would be the case.

Honestly I have no idea. I'm in Springfield OR, all permits here are issued through lane county Sheriffs office in Eugene.

I'm going to my FFL later this week when my shotgun gets delivered ( its the same place I'm taking my CCL class) and ill ask the owner Donnie if he knows what's up.

But on the bright side Oregon is an Open carry state, with no permit required so I can carry OWB until then.
Moved out here to oakridge in January made appointment in February . It was booked out till November 23. My card came in Friday. Only took 3 days. I would have got it Thanksgiving but they're closed for it.

Moved out here to oakridge in January made appointment in February . It was booked out till November 23. My card came in Friday. Only took 3 days. I would have got it Thanksgiving but they're closed for it.
Did you have a CCL from the county you moved here from or is this your 1st?

I scheduled my appointment at LCSO about a week after I posted that. It was scheduled for 5-25-2022, but the website said new appointments open when people cancel, so I'd check every couple days on their website, couple weeks back found an open slot for 01-31-2022, so I booked it.

Last night I was looking and there was an open slot for 11-30-2021 (this Tuesday) so I snagged it, got luck and found a class for tommorow at DFI (Defensive Firearms Instruction) in Springfield (was originally going to take the class at 295 tactical, but thought I had time still)

DFI decided to put on the class last minute and let me in, really super grateful to them, as even the online class sends your cert through snail mail so if DFI hadn't let me in I'd be SOL.

Hoping I get mine shortly after my appointment, but I'd not be surprised if it takes 45 days.

Anyone wanting info on DFI, or needs a class tommorow 3:30 its not listed on their website schedule. But I'm sure if you called in they'd probably let you join.

1480 18th St, Springfield, OR 97477
(541) 359-8740

I scheduled my appointment at LCSO about a week after I posted that. It was scheduled for 5-25-2022, but the website said new appointments open when people cancel, so I'd check every couple days on their website, couple weeks back found an open slot for 01-31-2022, so I booked it.

Last night I was looking and there was an open slot for 11-30-2021 (this Tuesday) so I snagged it, got luck and found a class for tommorow at DFI (Defensive Firearms Instruction) in Springfield (was originally going to take the class at 295 tactical, but thought I had time still)

DFI decided to put on the class last minute and let me in, really super grateful to them, as even the online class sends your cert through snail mail so if DFI hadn't let me in I'd be SOL.

Hoping I get mine shortly after my appointment, but I'd not be surprised if it takes 45 days.

Anyone wanting info on DFI, or needs a class tommorow 3:30 its not listed on their website schedule. But I'm sure if you called in they'd probably let you join.

(541) 359-8740

1st one. Moved from Cali and when I did mine out there I was denied for character reasons whatever the hell that means

(541) 359-8740

U would probably have it by the end of the week by my guess since mines only took 2 days

1st one. Moved from Cali and when I did mine out there I was denied for character reasons whatever the hell that means
Yeah they are a "may issue" which translates to bribe the sheriff CA is whacky the DOJ roster is a joke.

Oregon is a "Shall issue" state, we need to fight to keep it that way.

Welcome to Oregon, remember to vote pro 2A.

This'll be my 1st one too thinking I'm getting a Darkstar Orion holster for my VP9, or may get JM custom kydex as that one I could get that'll hold light on it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top