JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Marion county
New CHL.
Appointment to turn in application and get printed on 3/2/21, received CHL in mail on 3/6/21.
That's ridiculously fast, are you an LEO?

I had my fingerprint and pics done on 6/7/21. I usually have an instant approval when purchasing a firearm was hoping my application would be fast too.

That's ridiculously fast, are you an LEO?

I had my fingerprint and pics done on 6/7/21. I usually have an instant approval when purchasing a firearm was hoping my application would be fast too.
Yeah, I am. But I never get instant approval when buying a gun. So maybe this was the states way of throwing me a bone. Even with the CHL I get put in the queue. My name is waaaay too common.

Yeah, I am. But I never get instant approval when buying a gun. So maybe this was the states way of throwing me a bone. Even with the CHL I get put in the queue. My name is waaaay too common.
Why get a CHL when you have HR218?

Why get a CHL when you have HR218?
Because if you get put on admin leave for some reason, that no longer applies. Basically it's just good insurance to have so I can still carry if things go sideways. Such as what's been happening in the news lately. Everyone in Oregon is looking to fry a cop.

Because if you get put on admin leave for some reason, that no longer applies. Basically it's just good insurance to have so I can still carry if things go sideways. Such as what's been happening in the news lately. Everyone in Oregon is looking to fry a cop.
That makes total sense. I didn't even think about the political BS. Appreciate the job y'all do.

Just curious -- do you own property in WA?
Not the OP, but my experience might help with the info you're looking for.
I have never lived in or owned property in WA, but I do work here. When I applied in Cowlitz Co., there was nothing on the form about living/working in WA, so unless they searched some kind of state employment database (which I am not sure even exists?), they had no way of knowing that I work here. They granted me the license no questions asked.

Benton county renewal: turned in paperwork and had picture taken 6/29/21 (Tues.) and received in mailbox 7/6/21 (Tues.). It was the three month wait for the appointment that was a surprise this time around.

Washington county appointments. First available dates

1625941735097.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top