JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Marion county
New CHL.
Appointment to turn in application and get printed on 3/2/21, received CHL in mail on 3/6/21.
That's ridiculously fast, are you an LEO?

I had my fingerprint and pics done on 6/7/21. I usually have an instant approval when purchasing a firearm was hoping my application would be fast too.

That's ridiculously fast, are you an LEO?

I had my fingerprint and pics done on 6/7/21. I usually have an instant approval when purchasing a firearm was hoping my application would be fast too.
Yeah, I am. But I never get instant approval when buying a gun. So maybe this was the states way of throwing me a bone. Even with the CHL I get put in the queue. My name is waaaay too common.

Yeah, I am. But I never get instant approval when buying a gun. So maybe this was the states way of throwing me a bone. Even with the CHL I get put in the queue. My name is waaaay too common.
Why get a CHL when you have HR218?

Why get a CHL when you have HR218?
Because if you get put on admin leave for some reason, that no longer applies. Basically it's just good insurance to have so I can still carry if things go sideways. Such as what's been happening in the news lately. Everyone in Oregon is looking to fry a cop.

Because if you get put on admin leave for some reason, that no longer applies. Basically it's just good insurance to have so I can still carry if things go sideways. Such as what's been happening in the news lately. Everyone in Oregon is looking to fry a cop.
That makes total sense. I didn't even think about the political BS. Appreciate the job y'all do.

Just curious -- do you own property in WA?
Not the OP, but my experience might help with the info you're looking for.
I have never lived in or owned property in WA, but I do work here. When I applied in Cowlitz Co., there was nothing on the form about living/working in WA, so unless they searched some kind of state employment database (which I am not sure even exists?), they had no way of knowing that I work here. They granted me the license no questions asked.

Benton county renewal: turned in paperwork and had picture taken 6/29/21 (Tues.) and received in mailbox 7/6/21 (Tues.). It was the three month wait for the appointment that was a surprise this time around.

Washington county appointments. First available dates

1625941735097.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews