JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I mailed in my renewal application to Lane County on 4/6/2021 thinking that I needed to give them at least 60 days to get my new CHL to me. I got my new CHL in the mail today.

The only glitch was that their CHL application on their web page would not print out on my printer. It's a fillable PDF and there is something about it that my printer (Xerox Work Center 6027) doesn't like. I tried printing it using both Safari and Firefox, and finally was able to print it from my phone. They need to do some work on their web site and forms.

Washington County, took class March 31st, emailed the application on April 1st, and had first available appointment August 17th. Checked the appointment calendar a couple times a day and was able to move my appointment to April 6. Walked in got my picture and prints done and walked out with CHL. 6 days!!!:s0023:

I am particularly amused by the date of your application. Well played.

Just received my UTAH CHL in the mail. I am not sure when it was sent in since I did not send it, but I took the CHL class in Oregon end of March, so maybe 6-7 weeks to get it depending.. :s0023:

Last Edited:
Just received my UTAH CHL in the mail. I am not sure when it was sent in since I did not send it, but I took the CHL class in Oregon end of March, so maybe 6-7 weeks to get it depending.. :s0023:
Seems Utah is really on the ball. Just received notices from them that ours are up for renewal, expire in August. Renewal process can be done entirely online, including watching some video, sending pictures & renewal fee. Or can be mailed in.

Edit - adding: Plus our change of address for Utah couldn't have been easier. e-mailed them, they replied same day, updated the change & sent out letters as well. Easy peasy.

Last Edited:
How about we stop complaining about a little extra time, at least your getting one. When I received my Oregon Permit in Marion County almost 25 years ago; We actually had to attend 8 hours worth of classes over two weekends and 1000 rounds at the range to actually prove that you knew how to operate and fire the weapon you wanted to carry. Now the classes are listening to some so called training expert ramble on for maybe four hours and you walk out with the paperwork that qualifies you to get a CHL without ever even loading or firing any firearm. Hell, you don't even have to own one to get a CHL in Oregon. So I am actually frightened that you can get a CHL in a few days or month without the training or mental knowhow to use a gun for which you THINK your ready to carry. From some of the people that I know who have gotten a CHL, I would not want to be any where near them when they have an empty weapon.

Just carry until you get your permission slip. Just be smart about it. How about that?

I payed for my Oregon CHL at my appointment with WashCo.
How about we stop complaining about a little extra time, at least your getting one. When I received my Oregon Permit in Marion County almost 25 years ago; We actually had to attend 8 hours worth of classes over two weekends and 1000 rounds at the range to actually prove that you knew how to operate and fire the weapon you wanted to carry. Now the classes are listening to some so called training expert ramble on for maybe four hours and you walk out with the paperwork that qualifies you to get a CHL without ever even loading or firing any firearm. Hell, you don't even have to own one to get a CHL in Oregon. So I am actually frightened that you can get a CHL in a few days or month without the training or mental knowhow to use a gun for which you THINK your ready to carry. From some of the people that I know who have gotten a CHL, I would not want to be any where near them when they have an empty weapon.
You should be frightened that you actually need to get a "CHL" to legally carry. Stay in your safe place, you wont need to be frightened of anything.

Yes, you pay up front. The new charges go into effect immediately, I believe. Remember, the nobles in Salem don't want an armed peasantry at all...
Maybe they should start charging $1,500.00 for a concealed carry permit? You know, because someone willing to put THAT much money down would have to be smart with a gun. No schooling and 1000 rounds down range to prove your worthy.

Maybe they should start charging $1,500.00 for a concealed carry permit? You know, because someone willing to put THAT much money down would have to be smart with a gun. No schooling and 1000 rounds down range to prove your worthy.
They're working on it. They just almost doubled the cost, so they realistically only have to do that again about 5 times...

I received my CCW from Multnomah a month ago, its a 90 day wait time after your appointment, its not 45 currently. From start to finish it took me 6.5-7months for mine. Waiting on my Utah one to arrive now.

I received my CCW from Multnomah a month ago, its a 90 day wait time after your appointment, its not 45 currently. From start to finish it took me 6.5-7months for mine. Waiting on my Utah one to arrive now.
I'll bet Utah takes care of their business!

Considering Multco county sheriff Mike Reese openly campaigns against the rights of gun owners I would imagine getting CCPs to the public isn't a high priority. I wouldn't doubt him pulling people from that job even.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top