JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I mailed my application to Multnomah county 10/16 Heard from Multnomah 11/8/20.
4 months from mailing application to my appointment date:rolleyes:
I had my appointment 2/23 and was told 45 days to get my permit.

Last Edited:
When is the soonest you can renew yours?

Mine is set to expire in july sometime this year, can i put in now? or do I have to wait until a month out/expiration?

Also would be really nice if we would join most other states in allowing constitutional carry but I know I am dreaming with that one. Ya know, just to avoid things like this during times like these.

I'm filling out my Multnomah RENEWAL form right now. I didn't realize mine expires the 22nd of March. Gonna ahnd in the renewal on Monday (as long as road is not iced over)

With current apocalypse at hand I'm looking at a lapse in carry licenses arnt I? No way I'll get it in time.
They generally suggest sending it in 3 months or so before expiration. Mine expires in September, but I sent my renewal in last month. Hope to see it soon.

Mine is set to expire in july sometime this year, can i put in now? or do I have to wait until a month out/expiration?

Also would be really nice if we would join most other states in allowing constitutional carry but I know I am dreaming with that one. Ya know, just to avoid things like this during times like these.
When I called and asked in December (I think) they told me there was no early limit, meaning you could put in 3-6 months (or more) out from expiration as long as you were certain that your address wasn't going to change.

Finally got mine. Took about 90 days for an open appointment, but the deputy was correct when she told me 60 days to process.

I guess looking at some of the other wait times, I should be thankful that it came through so quickly.

Clackamas county denied me went in front of judge to Appeal was denied again this state is bubblegum with there shall issue permits I can buy any gun I pass countless 4473s and have a form4 but cant get a concealed carry permit I hate it here whole process cost tons of money and time and effort for nothing thanks clackamas county good job Serving and protecting what a joke

I would call and ask. I called and the soonest appointment was end of June..... after mine expires.

Multnomah county:
Mailed in my renewal paperwork & fee on 12/2, payment cleared around 12/9.
Received new chl in the mail on 3/8
Question here: So do they just use your old photo when doing by mail I assume? Every time I renew they take a new pic and I dont see an option to renew by mail for my county.:(

What's the best way to renew your concealed license in these times. Mines coming due
Go to your county sheriffs website and see what they want you to do. If its coming due call NOW in case you get an appointment pushed out past your expiration date. Also check if they are doing it by mail instead of in person. Should be able to print paperwork needed from website and see what you need with it like a ODL or birth cert. or ? Each county can be different so best to check yours. But I would be checking now as I didnt get an appointment till after expire date and the app. is end of June.

My puppy got hold of mine and gave it a good chewing so I checked out the Yamhill County Sheriff's site today. I know that they need to convey a lot of information but that site certainly is not user friendly. Will try and do the renewal thing tomorrow, as it has to be renewed by early July anyways.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top