JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last time I 'renewed' in Linn County, I was told my receipt for renewal payment would serve as temporary CHL until I received new one in mail or notice of rejection for some reason. Went in a few weeks early and had new before old expired. I will find out next month how Deschutes works, doing a renewal/transfer. Anybody?

Transferring Multnomah CHL to Washington County. This requires filing an application via email or USPS, and an in person appointment. As of today, earliest appointments available are in June.

The good news is that as long as my Multnomah CHL remains valid, I'm good.

Washington County renewal. Mailed renewal form 12/17/20, New card in hand 12/21/20, Check cashed 12/30/20.

My renewal was not until February, but I had heard the wait times were long so I sent it in early. New card renews in December now, so I lost 2 months by renewing early, but at least I have it.

Forgot to update this, I was issued my renewal 11/25/20 and received it about the 2nd week of December. I actually went down to their office to have them print me a temporary so there was no significant gap until the new one arrived in the mail.

20 years ago when I lived in Medford someone from a local newspaper filed a freedom of information act and published the names and current addresses of everyone with a concealed carry permit. Be careful what you wish for, I'll never apply again.

In Benton County, I called to make an appointment in October, my appointment with the sheriff's office was last Wednesday (Jan 20). I was told 6 more weeks for the permit.

Made me think: I am a big guy. I have three dogs including one big protective bruiser (or teddy bear depending on what's needed). I live in a relatively safe community and have been blessed with many resources. What about those who don't have any of those advantages? The young woman who feels her life is threatened? The person in a dangerous neighborhood? The person who can barely afford the firearm and ammo? Do they really have the full right to defend themselves? Sorry if that is too political, but the lack of urgency to approve CHL permits bothered me.

Clackamas county wont give me one went to court was denied by a judge I can buy any gun but cant Conceal carry
Now we're curious, Did they tell you why you were denied? Do you meet the 11 requirements that are listed on the Sheriffes website? From what I know some of those requirements don't prevent you from purchasing a gun.

Clackamas county - called in December 2020 and got an appointment for June 2021. Was told to call back in exactly 2 weeks and leave a message indicating I wanted to get on the waiting list in case of a cancelation. Lo and behold they called me back with a new appointment date in Jan 2021, due to a cancelation. Picked up my CHL last week.

In Benton County, I called to make an appointment in October, my appointment with the sheriff's office was last Wednesday (Jan 20). I was told 6 more weeks for the permit.

Made me think: I am a big guy. I have three dogs including one big protective bruiser (or teddy bear depending on what's needed). I live in a relatively safe community and have been blessed with many resources. What about those who don't have any of those advantages? The young woman who feels her life is threatened? The person in a dangerous neighborhood? The person who can barely afford the firearm and ammo? Do they really have the full right to defend themselves? Sorry if that is too political, but the lack of urgency to approve CHL permits bothered me.
That thought always crossed my mind while waiting for my CHL. Some would argue that you should be able to carry without a permit. While I do not advise doing it I've seen others conceal carry without a permit I can't judge them for it. I just advised them while I understand the legality of it all is BS. You're not going to catch me CC with my CHL. Oregon State Police should prioritize CHL I don't ever see them arresting anymore, maybe use that man power to process application at a faster rate. That way if SHTF citizens can do their job for them! I guess get some pepper spray or a taser something until it processes. I waited 8 month in multnomah county it's sucks. Stay safe out there everybody.

I'm filling out my Multnomah RENEWAL form right now. I didn't realize mine expires the 22nd of March. Gonna ahnd in the renewal on Monday (as long as road is not iced over)

With current apocalypse at hand I'm looking at a lapse in carry licenses arnt I? No way I'll get it in time.

Idaho Resident: Filled out the application online, made an appoint in Vale (Malheur County) for fingerprintint and picture. Did the 1 hour drive today, in/out in 15 minutes, apparently a 2+ week wait for the license (deputy probably said 2-3 weeks).

Clackamas county - called in December 2020 and got an appointment for June 2021. Was told to call back in exactly 2 weeks and leave a message indicating I wanted to get on the waiting list in case of a cancelation. Lo and behold they called me back with a new appointment date in Jan 2021, due to a cancelation. Picked up my CHL last week.
Good to hear. I too was Clackamas. I think it took me two week for my renewal. Payment was sent November 15th, card arrived first week of January.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top