JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Multnomah county

June 26- took app to office
June 28- received email for July 21 appointment
July 21- went to appointment with id, second id, proof of competency, and $65
August 26- received OR CHL in the mail today.

So exactly two months.

Clackamas county.
Took class on Saturday 10/14/17 at Sherrif's Office. Fingerprint/pic office was closed so I filled out application online and had an appointment Monday morning 10/16/17 at 8:30am. Walked out with CHL at 8:45am!

New Oregon resident. Got DL, took Blackstone's class, went down to WA county office, and got my permit. All within 2 weeks. Killer! WA county application & appointments online was super fast.

Just got my first renewal. The origal was 4 yrs ago during the crazy time. That took more than 4 mos I think. My Utah cama well before and they were done the same day. The Oregon renewal is the same day. They print the card there.

Renewed in Washington County late spring. Filled out renewal application, called in for appointment, was told they are getting about 80 renewal application appointment per day. Was given a date about 30 days out, went in and was done in about 15 minutes.

Clackamas. Scheduled my appointment online for the following day. Went in at the scheduled time with the required materials (Proof of residency and firearms training) - walked out with my CHL in hand in approx. 8 minutes.

Washington County
6/12: Followed the instructions and emailed my completed application to the Sheriff and set an appointment on there online scheduler for the 19th (soonest available slot, but 7 days isn't bad at all).
6/12: Two hours later, the application department emailed me back to let me know I didn't include an attachments in my email :confused:
6/18: Searching for my email to see when I applied so I can fill this timeline out, realized I hadn't seen response from Sheriff dept.
6/18: Emailed attachments correctly this time... I hope
6/19: To Be Continued....

Renewed my CHL in May of 2017 with Washington County. Completed online printable renewal form. Called WCSO for appointment, they were running about 30 days out. Went in at appointed time, walked out about 20 minutes later all fat, dumb and happy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top