JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is Polk county by appointment, or walk in? I figure I'd rather ask ya'll than try to contact them and talk to people that may or may not even know what they're talking about. I was thinking of just grabbing my DD-214 and driving on over there one of these days. Tired of all the nonsense about possibly having to worry about open carry here and open carry there, and walking to your car with a bagged pistol, etc.
-Mike

Is Polk county by appointment, or walk in? I figure I'd rather ask ya'll than try to contact them and talk to people that may or may not even know what they're talking about. I was thinking of just grabbing my DD-214 and driving on over there one of these days. Tired of all the nonsense about possibly having to worry about open carry here and open carry there, and walking to your car with a bagged pistol, etc.
-Mike
Search google Polk county chl

there breaking the law with that amount of time. They have 45 days.

Do you have a link to that law?

My wife's friend is trying to get her CHL and applied last month. Her appointment is November 6th. Soonest they could get her in. The Sheriff's clerk had no idea what she was talking about when the law stating 45 days was mentioned.

in Lane County I walked in without an appointment today at 9 am. I handed them my paperwork and IDs and I walked out with my new CHL at 10 am.

in Lane County I walked in without an appointment today at 9 am. I handed them my paperwork and IDs and I walked out with my new CHL at 10 am.
What??? No 45 days? How'd you swing that? I was under the impression they didn't even print the cards in their office. And of course they have to get the fingerprints approved by OSP
Are you sure you weren't transferring from a different county? This was your first CHL ever?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443864024.247771.jpg

Washington County - called and made appoint for ~4-5 days out (can't remember exactly) and walked out with permit same day as appointment.

Multnomah County - Sent in application, got letter in mail for appointment ~ 2 weeks out. Called and got in sooner. Left with nothing. Got letter in the mail one day before their stated 'review time'. Booo for Multnomah County.

Washington County - called and made appoint for ~4-5 days out (can't remember exactly) and walked out with permit same day as appointment.

Multnomah County - Sent in application, got letter in mail for appointment ~ 2 weeks out. Called and got in sooner. Left with nothing. Got letter in the mail one day before their stated 'review time'. Booo for Multnomah County.
Got letter in mail one day before stated "review time?" Can you elaborate?

Yes -it took them until one day before their stated maximum review time to deny my permit in their county. So... not only are they out of touch with reality... they're slow. :)
So they denied the permit? But you already have one in a neighboring county? Why, if you don't mind me asking?

I went to Washington County after I was denied in Multnomah.

Because I own property in both counties I had that option.

I also went to Clark County, and just got my permit in the mail a few days ago. It was less than their quoted 45 days, but longer than 3 weeks.

I went to Washington County after I was denied in Multnomah.

Because I own property in both counties I had that option.

I also went to Clark County, and just got my permit in the mail a few days ago. It was less than their quoted 45 days, but longer than 3 weeks.
Well congrats on getting the damn thing finally. I'm sure the Multnomah sheriffs will be interesting to see when you show them your permit [emoji12]

Y
What??? No 45 days? How'd you swing that? I was under the impression they didn't even print the cards in their office. And of course they have to get the fingerprints approved by OSP
Are you sure you weren't transferring from a different county? This was your first CHL ever?
Yes, I was transferring from another county, but they did print a whole new card, fingerprints, picture, and all right there on the spot. I could have waited for an appointment, the next opening being about the end of November.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top