JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I recall I was able to get my application processed at Lake County last year, they were very nice, as well as professional. I spoke to Sheriff Taylor on the way in, he directed me to the right place, his folks had me in And out in under an hour. My license arrived here in WA, in the mail in under three weeks. Since I plan on driving down there every year, I figured it was worth getting the CHL. Of course the drive is 12 hours long as LakeView is a bit off the beaten path. All his folks were using masks, and they made sure I was not running a fever before letting me in, all in all very professionally handled.

I mailed my application to Multnomah county 10/16 Heard from Multnomah 11/8/20.
4 months from mailing application to my appointment date:rolleyes:
I had my appointment 2/23 and was told 45 days to get my permit.

You can see my post above, but don't count on the 45 days. That's what I was told as well and you can see based on my timeline it took ~95 calendar days.

I did phone them up at the ~70 day mark and they told me they were still working on BGC from November. He said call back anytime for status.

When is the soonest you can renew yours?

Mine is set to expire in july sometime this year, can i put in now? or do I have to wait until a month out/expiration?

Also would be really nice if we would join most other states in allowing constitutional carry but I know I am dreaming with that one. Ya know, just to avoid things like this during times like these.
Washington county sent me my reminder about 1 month from due date. mailed my renewal and had the new one within 3 business days. Took them longer to cash my check that getting the renewal back to me.

Last Edited:
Washington Co here. Applied for new CHL in December, earliest appointment was near the end of May, so 5 months. However, I checked yesterday and a lot of slots had opened, including one next Monday, so hopefully I'll have mine then, after 3 months instead of 5.

helped my son with his application. submitted on Saturday March 20th. His appt is last week in May.
Washington County

Multnomah County. Took Sherriff's Association online course March 2020, applied March 12, 2020.

Received course certificates, waited. And waited. And waited.

Called October 23, 2020, was told I had already had my appointment and had missed it, and when I asked how they had notified me, they said by mail and gave me *my parent's 20 year old Benton County address*, not my current one. You know, the one *on* my application. They let me know it was still my fault.

Rescheduled for the soonest possible appointment, March 2, 2021. Attended, printed, photos, gave 'em the money.

Still waiting for the actual card, and hoping it didn't go to my childhood address in Deschutes County, or to a different country...

Luckily all I had was an address change. Less then a week turn around time in Washington County.

Multnomah County Sheriff is a clown. I am very happy to be in Washington County with Sheriff Pat Garrett.

Washington County, took class March 31st, emailed the application on April 1st, and had first available appointment August 17th. Checked the appointment calendar a couple times a day and was able to move my appointment to April 6. Walked in got my picture and prints done and walked out with CHL. 6 days!!!:s0023:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top