JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's amazing how much has changed in a year. Last year I scheduled my appointment for about a week out and received my chl in the mail within 4 days. That was in Eugene - Lane County.

Damn, people in Lane county are waiting an average 2 months for the appointment then they say 65 days for the CHL to arrive in the mailbox, so it could easily be 3 months!!
Makes you wonder what Part Prozanski has in this being most of that county is in his district. I realize he has nothing to do with issuing. He also knows nothing about guns laws and that didnt stop him passing one of the worst gun laws in decades.

Douglas County at my last renew was 10-14 days.
Its due up again ( me and the misses) in early 2016 guess well see there has been
a CHL push since my last renew.

Dang that's some ridiculous wait times.
I thought multnomah county you could just walk in? Or is that for renewal only?
Pays to renew early. I hated last time I renewed my oregon permit through mult co I let it lapse by a week or so and had to wait like 3 weeks or so to get the new one in the mail.

Dang that's some ridiculous wait times.
I thought multnomah county you could just walk in? Or is that for renewal only?
Pays to renew early. I hated last time I renewed my oregon permit through mult co I let it lapse by a week or so and had to wait like 3 weeks or so to get the new one in the mail.

Yeah, I think you can walk in Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm for Multnomah.
Hopefully I don't have to wait too long after my appointment to get the license.

Yeah, I think you can walk in Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm for Multnomah.
Hopefully I don't have to wait too long after my appointment to get the license.
Looks like both Multnomah and Clackamas counties are now doing it by appointment only
One guy wrote that he waited a total of 230 days (Multnomah) between scheduling the appointment and the wait time to receive the license
http://www.usacarry.com/forums/oregon-discussion-and-firearm-news/39385-call-multnomah-co-appt.html ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443620780.931632.jpg

"I took my class in April then went in person the next day to drop off my paperwork and get an appointment. I was told that their office does not accept the applications until the appointment time. When was the next available appointment? 20 weeks! Yeah, I just had my appointment this week. How long until I get my CHL card in the mail? They told me 90 more days! Yep, 230 day total wait time. Apparently our county can only process 100 applications a month. I will be happy to out them as soon as I get my CHL in hand. I don't want to complain and get sent to the bottom of the pile in the meantime. Oh and I have had my Utah permit for 10 weeks now."

Lane county is averaging about 60 days for the appointment and another 30-45 days for the license to be mailed out. Mine was about 30 days, for a total of 90 days or so in Lane(err I mean Lame) county [emoji12]

Washington county. Turned in paperwork by hand and received my appointment which was 2 weeks away. Went in paid the fee and walked out with the CHL in hand within 15 minutes.

I got mine the same day because clackamas county can do your background check when you finish the app online and print our your card right when you come in. I was very fortunate. All sheriff offices should be that easy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top