JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Follow up post:
Polk County. Fingerprints and application filed Aug 16th. CHL permit arrived Aug 31st! Still waiting on Utah of course.
However, USPS failed again. Apparently permit was mis-delivered or dropped on the ground somewhere nearby. Good Samaritan neighbor (apparently) left on my porch sometime Saturday evening.
It took my Utah permit about 2 months or so .
But I did mine when the Government shut down was happening.
So that could have had something to do with it.

My Washington one took 17 days.
I need to get to Oregon to get a Oregon permit.
I was going to do if I went fishing down there this year but .
That's still a maybe.

My Washington one took 17 days.
I need to get to Oregon to get a Oregon permit.
I was going to do if I went fishing down there this year but .
That's still a maybe.

I do not know about ALL Oregon counties, but I know that mine (Wasco) will only issue a permit to a resident of this county. The press release even states it is because of the crush from the north side of the river.

Oregon is a 'may issue' state, so they have that discretion.

Check before you go - wouldn't want you to waste a trip!

I do not know about ALL Oregon counties, but I know that mine (Wasco) will only issue a permit to a resident of this county. (snip)

Oregon is a 'may issue' state, so they have that discretion.

Just to clarify, OR is 'shall issue' for residents. May issue is for non-residents although in my experience with Multnomah County they issue to WA residents without any problem.

Eric - Thanks for the clarification.

DA98D7BD-3AC4-4167-9E56-EC3D611481C7.jpeg

Washington County. Had an appointment for 1:30pm. I arrived at 1:10pm. I was out-the-door, CHL in hand, by 1:33pm.

Absolutely incredible. If only all other government processes were so efficient...

JOSEPHINE COUNTY- RENEWALS ARE TUE, WED, THURS WALK IN FROM 9-4. I BELIEVE NEW APPLICANTS ARE SCHEDULED ON MONDAYS AND THERE ISNT MUCH OF A WAIT. IN FACT I RENEWED WED MORNING AND I WAS TOLD ID GET MY REPLACEMENT LICENSE IN APPROX 3-4 WKS SO THEY SAID TO KEEP MY RECEIPT WITH MY CURRENT/EXPIRING CHL.

Anyone in Multnomah County done a renewal lately? Mine expires in about 1 year but I'd like to be prepared by maybe getting in for the renewal BEFORE it expires.

clackamas county. Filled out the application yesterday, made an appointment for today. Took all of 11 minutes from the time I walked through the doors to walking out with my license in hand.

Day 44 (I think) with no response to date in Marion County. I say I think because I don't know if it's 45 business days or 45 total days. My wait time was during holidays so I imagine that made it harder. Will just be patient until it arrives

I finally got to the Lincoln County SO's office on Christmas Eve and got all the paperwork done. The nice lady behind the glass said 2-3 weeks to receive my OR CHL. I'll let ya'll know when it arrives.

When I was a CA resident, I obtained my OR CHL from the Klamath County Sheriff. They renewed it about a year ago. I have now moved to northern Idaho (Post Falls) and need to change the address on my CHL. It appears that Grant County may be the closest county that will issue to Idaho residents. Is this correct? To avoid the long drive to Canyon City, there is the option of flying from Spokane to Boise, renting a car and driving to the Malheur Sheriff's Office. Any recommendations?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top