Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

CHL WAIT TIMES OREGON: Please state your county, how long it took for your Concealed Handgun License

EPS

Reactions
Follow up post:
Polk County. Fingerprints and application filed Aug 16th. CHL permit arrived Aug 31st! Still waiting on Utah of course.
However, USPS failed again. Apparently permit was mis-delivered or dropped on the ground somewhere nearby. Good Samaritan neighbor (apparently) left on my porch sometime Saturday evening.
It took my Utah permit about 2 months or so .
But I did mine when the Government shut down was happening.
So that could have had something to do with it.

EPS

Reactions
My Washington one took 17 days.
I need to get to Oregon to get a Oregon permit.
I was going to do if I went fishing down there this year but .
That's still a maybe.

CRBMoA

Reactions
My Washington one took 17 days.
I need to get to Oregon to get a Oregon permit.
I was going to do if I went fishing down there this year but .
That's still a maybe.
I do not know about ALL Oregon counties, but I know that mine (Wasco) will only issue a permit to a resident of this county. The press release even states it is because of the crush from the north side of the river.

Oregon is a 'may issue' state, so they have that discretion.

Check before you go - wouldn't want you to waste a trip!

EPS

Reactions
My aunt lives in Beaverton.
She said hers took 15 min.
After a online deal and appointment.
I believe it's Washington county

Reactions
I do not know about ALL Oregon counties, but I know that mine (Wasco) will only issue a permit to a resident of this county. (snip)

Oregon is a 'may issue' state, so they have that discretion.
Just to clarify, OR is 'shall issue' for residents. May issue is for non-residents although in my experience with Multnomah County they issue to WA residents without any problem.

Washington County. Had an appointment for 1:30pm. I arrived at 1:10pm. I was out-the-door, CHL in hand, by 1:33pm.

Absolutely incredible. If only all other government processes were so efficient...

ageingstudent

Reactions
Washington County. Had an appointment for 1:30pm. I arrived at 1:10pm. I was out-the-door, CHL in hand, by 1:33pm.

Absolutely incredible. If only all other government processes were so efficient...
Pat Garret. He's holding the line.

Reactions: EPS

gprippers

Reactions
JOSEPHINE COUNTY- RENEWALS ARE TUE, WED, THURS WALK IN FROM 9-4. I BELIEVE NEW APPLICANTS ARE SCHEDULED ON MONDAYS AND THERE ISNT MUCH OF A WAIT. IN FACT I RENEWED WED MORNING AND I WAS TOLD ID GET MY REPLACEMENT LICENSE IN APPROX 3-4 WKS SO THEY SAID TO KEEP MY RECEIPT WITH MY CURRENT/EXPIRING CHL.

Jcon268

Reactions
Anyone in Multnomah County done a renewal lately? Mine expires in about 1 year but I'd like to be prepared by maybe getting in for the renewal BEFORE it expires.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online