CHL WAIT TIMES OREGON -please state your county, how long it took for your Concealed handgun license

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by Khalsa, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Mister Bisley

Mister Bisley
    Wilsonville, OR
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2018 Volunteer

This was pretty much my experience in Clackamas county. It did take me about 15 minutes because my name was spelled wrong on the CHL card and they had to make 3 copies before getting it right. They were very nice and seemed happy to give them out.

2. OldBroad44

OldBroad44
    Oregon
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Benton County. Renewal for expired license. May, 2017. Called and got appointment a week out. They did a new photo but not new fingerprints. New license in mail about a week later. No waiting around. Fast and courteous. If only the rest of the government ran so well.

Mister Bisley likes this.
  3. 3MTA3

3MTA3
    Western Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Clackamas County - applied on a Thursday, next available appointment that didn't conflict with work was the following Tuesday. I got there a little early for my appointment. They had just finished the prior applicant so they saw me early. Took less than ten minutes for them to print out my card. Very nice and pleasant experience.

Also the vibe there was great in general. I've been in so many public offices where they try to make you feel apologetic for even being there to bother the government workers by actually asking them to do their jobs. Here, I was welcomed and felt like I owned the place (maybe because as a citizen I do).

One of the few things I will regret when I eventually leave Oregon is not being able to vote to re-elect the Clackamas County Sheriff.

Mister Bisley likes this.
  4. OldBroad44

OldBroad44
    Oregon

A lot of LEOs are pretty friendly about citizens owning guns. Perhaps especially if you are a woman by yourself hiking or camping solo. Back when I was doing a lot of that I would almost always get a friendly approving remark from any deputy sheriff I ran into. "Glad to see you are carrying. Good to be on the safe side." One time I got a much more personal and clearly heartfelt "Thanks for carrying a gun. That means I don't have to worry about you."

usausausa, BAC19, 3MTA3 and 1 other person like this.
  5. dmart022

dmart022
    OR

Did you get it yet? How did it take? Submitting my application for Washington County tomorrow.

6. Lasers

Lasers
    Hillsboro

Yeah, sorry forgot to update. Got it same day after clearing the background check and answering a few questions.

3MTA3 likes this.
  7. PsycheSoma222

PsycheSoma222
    Forest Grove

Washington County. Set up an appointment for July 5th in late June because that was the earliest I could make it. Got in and out of the place with license in hand in about 15 mins. Now my Walther PPS M2 goes everywhere with me.

Aispuro and nammac like this.
  8. aksu747

aksu747
    Beaverton

Took me 15 minutes at the Sheriffs office in June.
    If I had known it was so quick and easy I would have gotten my CHL years ago.

usausausa, GOG and PsycheSoma222 like this.
  9. BAC19

BAC19
    Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Washington County - made an appointment and received mine the same day.

EPS likes this.
  10. GOG

GOG
    State of Jefferson

Josephine county, I renewed mine and it took about three weeks to arrive in the mail.

11. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil
    Salem, OR

Polk, 14th day it was in the box
    Marion renewals were pay the fee, take the new picture, get handed a new card and done same day

GOG likes this.
  12. GOG

GOG
    State of Jefferson

JoCo. doesn't process them right away, it takes a while.

13. darkminstrel

darkminstrel
    Columbia County

Columbia; 3 weeks.

14. DuneHopper

DuneHopper
    (2- " Q " -+1)
    Civility is a two way street. Diamond Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Douglas County, maybe a week or two waiting for the new ID, appointments I never wait I make them ahead of time.
    Seems the wait for a newbie could be 2-4 weeks.

15. Hawaiian

Hawaiian
    Tigard Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Washington County Sheriff. Renewal. Downloaded the application and emailed it to them. Used their online scheduler to pick my date/time. Went in today and was out with new CHL in hand in 15 min. Then went to DMV to renew my DL. That only took about 30 min. Now I am legal. :D

usausausa likes this.
  16. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Constitutionalist Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Washington county new permit seems to be a week. Submitted the wife’s application, set the appointment for one week later (that’s the minimum from their website), she went in for photos and finger prints walked out with her newly minted CHL.

usausausa and BAC19 like this.
  17. BAC19

BAC19
    Oregon

:(

18. BAC19

BAC19
    Oregon

Wow! I had mine scheduled in 2 weeks and walked in and out in 15 minutes with CHL in hand. As I was walking out an elderly gentleman stopped me and said he was happy to see more women getting their concealed carry. Honestly, the gal overseeing the process was really nice and everyone I ran into there was more than friendly.

usausausa, EPS and aksu747 like this.
  19. BAC19

BAC19
    Oregon

(Washington County)

EPS likes this.
  20. EPS

EPS
    Anacortes
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

From what I have been told and by reading a lot of post Washington county seems to be the fastest and most friendly lol .I guess I have to try and make a appointment there