JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yamhill county is easy. Two days a week they accept CHL applications. Fill out the application form, show proof of a gun safety course, get finger printed and photographed. A week later it's in your mail box. No appointments to see the sheriff needed.

Sent mine in around mid Feb? got my appt letter a few days later. I go in Tues. for prints and such. I think every one is back logged, and I dont think they have full time people working the post. Maybe someone can only take a couple hours a week to process stuff. I dont know.

I decided to be fashionably late to the cause, so I just submitted my stuff this week. I did all the finger prints and such right then though. My mother in law did it recently and she said it took her about 10 weeks to get her license. I walked in on Tuesday to do it but they had just changed their policy and now I had to make an appointment. They had openings on Thursday so that worked out ok. When I was getting everything finished I heard another lady making an appointment and they were already at least 2 weeks out.

call and bug them about taking a cancelled appointment earlier.

I am 3 weeks in on a 21 week wait for my appointment here in rural Oregon. Since I live less than 2 miles from the Sheriffs office I started to ask the clerk if she could call me if there was a cancellation, but she cut me off before I could finish and said that they don't do that. The State of Utah charged my Visa card last week so we will have our permits to carry in 30+ other states in less than 60 days, but it could be fall for Oregon.

I went in for my appointment yesterday in Multnomah co. at 1pm sat and waited by myself in the lobby. 5 minutes roll by another person strolls in and starts the wait, lady comes out at 10 after 1pm. Calls all the 1pm appointments since i was the only one for a 1pm the other person got to come back since they showed up early for their appointment. I showed my course completion, paid my fees, took a photo and had prints done within 8 minutes. Then was told it would be 4-5 weeks before I would see my license in the mail. I'll keep everyone posted on wait time.

I received my license from Mult.Co. last week. It took exactly six weeks from fingerprinting. I was told four to five weeks as well. it sucks to wait, but try to be patient. Once you get your CHL you'll forget about the wait.

You're not alone, lazerblazer. Sent mine in late Jan, got a response in mid Feb, scheduled for May; after that, 45 days.
Had the meeting in early May and time is a ticking... hopefully the last week in June and I'll be all set! After that, a nice crossbread holster for my glock 22. :)

Had the meeting in early May and time is a ticking... hopefully the last week in June and I'll be all set! After that, a nice crossbread holster for my glock 22. :)

Good luck! I suggest ordering the holster now, if you can, so you will get it in time to start carrying right away! I have tried to carry my Glock 17 concealed with a similar rig and it is just not happening with only a t shirt. I have tried anywhere from appendix to 5pm.... I am a smaller guy and I get either the rear of the slide or the grip to print really bad depending on position and cant. maybe I should buy larger t shirts, but I am used to wear appropriately sized garments.

I am very comfortable with my Kahr cm9 or my xds. I have both IWB and OWB holsters for them, and while I print just a little, I realized that most people just are not quite aware of what happens around them, so I have stopped being paranoid about it.

A proper gun belt also helped quite a bit, especially when carrying OWB.

So the wait is finally over it has arrived only after 148 days Or 4 months, 28 days excluding the end date

From and including: Saturday, February 9, 2013
To, but not including Sunday, July 7, 2013

Alternative time units
148 days can be converted to one of these units:

12,787,200 seconds
213,120 minutes
3552 hours
148 days
21 weeks (rounded down)

Makes me glad I live in WA State! Walked in, filled out paperwork, got finger printed...(oh, paid 55 bucks). Waited two weeks and it was in the mail! Also the Kitsap Co. sheriffs office was VERY friendly! It almost seemed that they wanted to issue a CPL!

Yup, that was my experience. When the wife and I went to the Silverdale substation to first get our CPL it took us all of 25 minutes to apply, get fingerprinted, pay, and walk out. It took even less time for us to renew them last month. I agree with you about the KCSD, they do seem to be very eager to issue a CPL. I've also heard, but not experienced first hand, that they are pretty good about giving approval on your application for a suppressor.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top