JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did it to myself... I thought I would be cool and be fashionably late to the party now it is really biting me in the rear! I sent in my CHL application 2-16-2013 to the Multnomah county sheriff I receive return correspondence 3-6-2013. The letter informing my date to meet the sheriff is 6-3-2013 then I presumably get to wait another 45 days till issue leaving me somewhere around mid July. Now if the 45 days is in business days then I may not see it till august; does this seem right? I know times are crazy and all but the wait for an appointment seems a bit overly extended has anyone else had any recent application experience? I'm so bummed!:s0054::s0054:

writing letters to Joe Biden and really respecting a persons right to protect their family are 2 different things. This is a 'may issue' state with a 'will issue' mask on. I believe Washington lets you walk in and do the paperwork and thats it. I am seriously bummed on how Oregon does their permits.

Unfortunately, it sounds about right. I sent mine in mid January, and I believe my appointment is April 3rd. And then yes, up to an additional 45 day wait.

I hope all this dies down before I need to renew my OR CWP!!

Here in Clark County they are taking the full, maximum legal 30 days to return even renewals to you and it's not due to any overload that I can see. When I went in I was the only one there getting a CPL, when I left there was one person that had just come in. but the cadet manning the desk said they would "take" the full legal 30 days, not that it would take that long to process. Guess that's OK though as I purposely went in 85 days ahead of the expiration date.

Perhaps its time to elect a new sheriff in your county?

I know I've posted this before, but in our community the sheriff (Columbia county) travels to our town once a month to collect new applications and renewals so that we don't have to make the trip over the hill to St. Helens. No appointment needed.

My wife's new application in January took 14 days from application submission to having her CHL in the mailbox.

E

Not all Oregon counties are like that. Filled out my application (online) Monday night and printed it off. Walked into the Lane County Sheriffs office Tuesday morning at 10am (no appointments needed) and was out by 10:45am. Got my CHL 30 days later. Sounds like your sheriff needs a kick in the pants next election cycle.

Not that I like the wait, but I don't know Multnomah County is putting us on hold. I think they're just swamped. Before the December incidents it was a couple day turn around, so I heard.

Makes me glad I live in WA State! Walked in, filled out paperwork, got finger printed...(oh, paid 55 bucks). Waited two weeks and it was in the mail! Also the Kitsap Co. sheriffs office was VERY friendly! It almost seemed that they wanted to issue a CPL!

There shouldn't be an appointment process at all.

This is how I feel "first come first serve" just like the dmv. It should be fill out paperwork wait in line show id's take photo give prints wait for your credentials to clear as card ink dries leave station. It should be no longer a process than that crap sentence i threw together above!

-LazerblazeR

When i got mine a year ago through clackamas county, i filled out the form online, selected my appointment time 1.5 weeks later, went to the appointment, and left with my card. 1.5 weeks from taking the safety course. Fingerprinted and handed the card within two minutes of each other.

seems to be very different between counties here in Oregon. I have read on here recently that some counties only do a few a day and have stopped taking appointments all together - and others just walk in and get what they deserve.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top