JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I couldn't find anything specific on how long you have to transfer your license from one county to another. I recently moved from Washington county to Marion. Anyone know how long you have to transfer? My DL address is already changed and I don't want to get in trouble for carrying here.

Not an actual time limit but should do so asap.
From Marion county website:
Also, possession of a concealed handgun without having a valid, current Concealed Handgun License with your current address on your person may result in your Concealed Handgun License being SEIZED and REVOKED. Always carry your CHL with you when in possession of a concealed handgun and make an appointment to have your card updated in the event you move to a new address or change your name.

Checkout ORS 166.295 (2). http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.295
There does not appear to be any set deadline/timeline for renewal ... but as deadeye mentions, sooner is better.

Just conjecture on my part ... but ...(1)(b) does state, "An otherwise expired concealed handgun license continues to be valid for up to 45 days"....

Not that having an out-of-date address makes your license expired ... but one could argue it is similar.

just did this yesterday, from one county to another county.
First, you should get your drivers license changed to your new address, I got a sticker from the DMV to put on my license reflecting my new address, then went to the sheriffs dept., deputy took and kept my old CHL, I filled out some paper work, he took my drivers license for copy, and I guess entering in the new address, took my picture, took my $15, and gave me a receipt that will be my temp CHL until I get my new one in the mail, around three weeks.Temp is good for 45 days.
I didn't see anywhere where it was asked exactly when I changed addresses.
Also, the new one will have the same expiration date as the old one, in my case 2017.
I asked if I were to buy a handgun in the next couple of weeks if it could possibly flag a sale, he said no.
A lady deputy asked "What are you looking for?" I said nothing really, just wondering was all, but you never know when a deal will come up. She said "Oh, I was just going to say that I might know a guy that knows a guy..."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top