1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. The lucky winners of the NWFA Fall Giveaway 2016 have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice

CHL Snafu stories

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by thelendog, Nov 11, 2009.

1. thelendog

thelendog Milwaukie Member

Every screw-up or have something crazy happen while carrying? Share your stories!

Here's mine: Way back in the day when I still used cheap holsters, I was getting out of the car at home and for some reason (I still don't know why, maybe got caught on something?) my Glock 20 came out of its IWB holster. Somehow it hit the ground perfectly on the mag base plate. The plate and spring go flying and there's a bunch of 10mm hydra-shoks rolling around on the ground.

This one happened to a friend of mine: Standing in a store reading a magazine in front of the rack, his 92fs decided to slide out of his galco shoulder rig. Quite a racket when it hit the ground, and a few people watched with their mouths open as he nonchalantly picked up the pistol, put it back in the holster, and continued to read.
  2. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

I was demo-ing part of a building that fell down last winter do to the excessive snow fall we had. Swinging a 12lb sledge hammer most vigorously when my 1911 jumped holster. I caught it before it hit the ground but felt a bit awkward at the time. Yes I do have pretty fast hands when something I don't want to hit the ground is headed there.
  3. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

This is the kind of thread that unfriendly "journalists" seek out to build a case against private firearm carry. Sure, we can take these ironic stories with a grain of salt because many of us have had embarrassing moments. But an outsider unfamiliar with firearms would hold this against us.................elsullo :(