JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's that time again. Went online last Saturday and got my appointment for today with WashCo.... I really really hope it doesn't go the same way it did 4 years ago. That sucked. Could be another battle, again, wish me luck....

What issues did you run into?

I had a "conviction" for pot about 20 yrs ago. In California it was just a ticket, 100 bucks. Oregon changed the laws which created a whole slew of issues until they did a BGC. Stupid thing is it doesn't show up but I still have to disclose it....

They changed the law 3 years ago to disregard all marijuana misdemeanors. Prior to that is was only convictions/tickets that happened in the state of Oregon.

I was fully prepared to fight hair tooth and eyeball again but it went super smooth. I'm actully very surprised I didn't know about this...

I was fully prepared to fight hair tooth and eyeball again but it went super smooth. I'm actually very surprised I didn't know about this...
It was a welcome change. Makes no sense that if you had the same charge in Oregon you would have been fine, but because it occurred in California they hassled you. I'll be curious what will happen to rulings like this if/when the BATFE and AG start upping the pressure on states with legal marijuana.

Misdemeanors have to be less than 4 years old to matter.

Glad you handled your business.

Misdemeanors have to be less than 4 years old to matter.

Glad you handled your business.

Thanks. I actually didn't do anything. My "conviction" was 20 years old and happened in Cali, hence the reason when I reapplied 4 years ago it was a mess. I started a thread on it back then but haven't looked for it....

Does this include items that have been expunged, Or do they still get to see them?

I would assume that an expungment would work the same as having your firearms rights restored, but I'm not an attorney.... Although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night....;)

I would hope so but not sure. I was just wondering if anyone happens to know. Not looking for legal advice though.

To funny.

Glad it went well this time.

I'm in Clackamas County and the last time I renewed I was able to do it online. I had to ok them to reuse the pic from the previous one and it cost me $4 or so for the online "fee", but I had the new one withing the week. Nice n easy.

renewed my CHL today at the Marion County Sheriff's Office. was easy. in and out in 5 min

(i hope that last sentence makes the out of context thread)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top