JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
drew, feel free to call them and ask...here's their phone number:
http://www.mcso.us/public/concealed_handgun.htm
When completing the application process in 2000 our group was admonished: "If you have a DUI on your record do not expect to be approved as it is our policy to view that as an exercise in poor judgement ..." You would have to inquire of them as to what part of the statute they rely upon. As I have never been charged with DUI, I didn't much care.

I'll try to give them a call tomorrow. I believe the Mult. Co app I filled out asked about illegal drug use which the current one doesn't ask either. I've never had a DUI so I wouldn't have cared much either. Now I'm just more interested in the law itself.

And this is why all states should be "shall issue" and not "may issue". The interpretation of broad terms like the above will differ between counties. Any place that you must show a need for a firearm or have Sherriff approval is just a disaster for corruption/control waiting to happen. It should state a specific number of DUIs or a blanket term for crimes. Nobody here can tell him "yes" or "no" to this question because a sheriff might deny or approve him at his/her discretion based on their interpretation of this very statement of a "documented problem with alcohol".

OR is a shall issue state for residents. The closest thing in the statute is convictions related to controlled substances.

yep, don't bother applying.

The requirement is based upon one's ability to exercise good judgment; getting popped for a DUI pretty much blows that precondition all to poop. The requirements are the same state wide, not just Marion County.

If you want to throw money at an attorney, well...it's your money.

I emailed the Marion county sheriff's office about it. They said I'd be eligible as long as it was 4 years after the conviction date. Woohoo!

==========================================================

life_gifs_16.gif

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top