Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CHL question...

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by RyanDouglas, Apr 20, 2009.

1. RyanDouglas

RyanDouglas SE Portland, OR New Member

I have my chl and when i first took the class to get it i was told if i moved to a different county that i would have to register with that particular county. I recently sat through another class (because it was free :) and was told that i didnt have to make any changes.. So my question. If i move from Bend to portland do i need to talk to multomah county about renewing/updating my chl?
    Thanks
    Ryan

2. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

My understanding is that since it is the county sheriff who issues the license then you need to get a new one when you move to a different county.

3. Kennedy

Kennedy Beaverton Member

You need to go to that particular county's Sheriff station and tell them that you have changed your place of residence and they will then reissue you a new card with the correct address on it. I believe that it costs 10 bucks, but don't quote me on it.

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Being in Marion County I recall that if you move in from another county, or move to a new address within the county, you need to exchange your current CHL for an updated one at a cost of $10-$15 (thereabouts)

DuneHopper likes this.
  5. wakeadrian

wakeadrian Beaverton Member

I understood it to be this way, also. :)

6. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

The address on your CCP must match the address on your ODL. or other form of legal I.D. you carry. When I moved from PDX to Gladstone, Clack County accepted the background and class certificate from Multnomah and just issued me a new Clack County CCP card for the duration of my original Multnomah CCP. Cost $10-15 as mentioned above.