JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SOOO, how do you go about getting a CWP, Concealed WEAPON Permit? That would cover it all, wouldn't it?

In the State of Oregon it's called a Concealed Handgun License. And unfortunately Oregon does not recognize any other states' CHLs. Isn't that funny???? And by the way something else ... you cannot legally change ownership of guns in Oregon without a Criminal Background Check ... But that's why we have these 2 forums ...

you cannot legally change ownership of guns in Oregon without a Criminal Background Check

So, you can buy a gun from me FTF if we are both from Oregon, in Oregon at the time, but we can't swap guns under the same circumstances without a background check? What if I sell you a gun, and two days later buy a gun from you, both FTF in Oregon? Is this a little legal twist?

So, you can buy a gun from me FTF if we are both from Oregon, in Oregon at the time, but we can't swap guns under the same circumstances without a background check? What if I sell you a gun, and two days later buy a gun from you, both FTF in Oregon? Is this a little legal twist?

That's correct. Legally, you cannot change ownership of guns in OR without a background check. I just tried a quiz recently and one of these questions was exactly this. And the correct answer to the quiz was you need a background check. Now, I spoke with a friend of mine who works for the Sherrif Dept. HE says you can get a "personal background check" which is good for 1 year and you can swap guns all year long, as long as you show the other person your backgroud check (or a copy).

They should have. Cheeto is right, the license says nothing about knives.
And precious little about 'concealed' either. It does specifically say that a gun in a belt holster is NOT concealed.

$166.250 (3) Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section.

Would it be logical to assume a knife in a sheath would also be not concealed. Would carrying my brass knuckles (if I had such) be legal, as long as they were carried 'openly in a belt holster.'

I do find it a little disturbing that LEOs are excused from the prohibition against all the other weapon types, concealed. The only justification I can think of for it would be allowing them to pocket the ice-pick they take off someone w/o that person being able to make a case that 'now you're doing what you arrested me for.' But the idea of a cop walking around with an ice-pick just screams 'bad cop' to me.

Was there someone in Beaverton that makes custom holsters? Think they'd do knife sheaths?

MrB

Aside, I took a term of (foil) fencing at PSU for PE years ago. Strictly a poking weapon (always check for bates in place before starting match, they do break off from time to time,) no sharp edges. The guy in the class that had done saber-fighting was *so* intimidating, even if he wasn't scoring any points on his slashing attacks. Anyway, extremely good exercise, and sharpens the reflexes very.

That's correct. Legally, you cannot change ownership of guns in OR without a background check. I just tried a quiz recently and one of these questions was exactly this.

If that's the About.com quiz, it's wrong, nothing in Oregon law says private citizens are required to perform background checks for FTF sales, only gun dealers. The police just make it available so you can cover all your bases.

So here is how you fix this.... You carry your pistol as you would....

If you feel like you need a weapon (Not a gun) you can carry this as well....

You go to the welding store, ask for some #4 Black SuperFlex welding cable... get 2' they sell it by feet... take it home and fold one end into a loop, and tape it in place with black electrical tape. Now, hammer the loop so it is flatter. Paint exposed copper inside of tip black... See the paint doc I made below...

To wear, just thread it in your belt loops, from the non holster side. Nobody, Nobody will ever notice!!! or you can tuck it down your pants, with the handle end out...

I will admit it looks like it is weak, It is NOT!!! I learned this from an old welder that took me under his wing years ago. He said he used to carry this in canada, one night he was leaving the bar (back when you could buy a flat of beer when you left) some thugs told him to give over the beer, he set it on the ground, and when the punk reached for it, the old man whipped his wrist and it knocked the guy to the ground!!! He told me the wrist was broken (I dont think he took the guy to the hospital to find out)

anyways, he told me this: What ever you do, DO NOT hit someone in the head with this It could kill them!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top