JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard on NPR that CHL permits went way up in other states as well.
I can confirm this for Tennessee. The numbers seem to keep rising, too. Saturdays at all of the LGSs are a terrible time to get some range time in. The HCP classes fill the places to capacity all day. I think it's a great thing, though. People who are invested enough to take a class and carry a firearm are invested enough to speak up for 2A.

I heard on NPR that CHL permits went way up in other states as well.
I'm pretty sure most states have increases. More people are aware and looking. There's also more states moving to shall issue and issuing. I bet Illinois will see a big jump next year. ;)

I hope this also means an increase in people who are carrying every day all the time. My wife, for one, has her CHL, but NEVER carries (I'm workin' on it, trust me). I truly hope that most of these new CHL holders take the responsibility to carry all the time!

I hope this also means an increase in people who are carrying every day all the time. My wife, for one, has her CHL, but NEVER carries (I'm workin' on it, trust me). I truly hope that most of these new CHL holders take the responsibility to carry all the time!

I'm in the same boat. My wife always renews her permit when the time comes, but I can count on one hand the number of times she has carried her gun.

I'm in the same boat. My wife always renews her permit when the time comes, but I can count on one hand the number of times she has carried her gun.

Glad I'm not the only one in this boat...

I get that it's hard for the ladies to conceal with out wearing a trench coat so I thought a CCW purse might be better than nothing but I guess that if its not made by Couch or L.V. then she won't use it.

Maybe some manufacturer will come out with a derringer on a lanyard...

Have you guys let your wives pick out their own guns or did you "help" them select a carry gun? That could be part of the issue. My wife got her CCW two years ago and like a good little hubby, I took her down to my LGS and "helped" her pick out a nice gun....that was completely wrong for her! And she did exactly what your wives are doing now, she didn't carry it.
One day, guess what? She come home with her own gun purchase...one she picked out with a Sneaky Pete holster that fits in her designer handbags. She has now become a consistent carrier. Think about it, give it a try....

Simon, you make an excellent point. I tried to steer my wife toward a M&P Shield but then she saw a purple LC9 and had to have it. In our case I think I should've tried harder to convince her that the Shield was the way to go. Nothing against the LC9 but it has an obnoxiously long trigger pull that gives my wife difficulty when trying for accuracy at the range. She is a great shot with my handguns so I know its just the ergonomics and trigger pull. I do believe that if my wife was more confident in the firearm that she'd likely make carrying a priority.

P.S. I've suggested selling her LC9 but she won't cuz its purple and she likes the way it looks too much.

My wife plans to take the course with a friend soon and apply for her OR CHL. I was never so proud as when I came home late the other night and found her reading a book with the .45 on the coffee table and 125lbs of teeth and muscle at her feet.

If we can get our CHL holder numbers up then maybe we can get the politicians to get into line about things like reciprocity with other states.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top