JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What happened is old news, but the OFF alert asking for help is new.

Point taken, but this is a dead issue at least for a while. I forget who did it, but someone tried to get legislation through to protect CHL holders info, but it didn't go anywhere. Can't remember if it got voted down or just never made it to the floor.

I believe there has been changes made to CHL applications because of this issue. Something like a checkbox indicating you want the information to be private. Will try to look it up...

I believe there has been changes made to CHL applications because of this issue. Something like a checkbox indicating you want the information to be private. Will try to look it up...

Several Sheriff's sent out letters to CHL holders asking them if they wanted their info kept private. I know, I got one, but apparently they carried absolutely no weight under the law. The only thing that will change this is getting a law passed in Salem to make CHL holders info private and with this legislature, that will be an uphill battle. I remember now that the last legislation didn't even make it out of committee.

I received a letter from the Deschutes County Sheriff's Department. It informed me that the department would be following the court decision to release the information if requested. They said essentially the information could be kept private if you could provide a valid reason, in accordance with Oregon revised statutes, that your information shouldn't be released to the public. That is not an easy thing to do unless you're a public official (go figure, politicians don't want their info released...).

Point taken, but this is a dead issue at least for a while. I forget who did it, but someone tried to get legislation through to protect CHL holders info, but it didn't go anywhere. Can't remember if it got voted down or just never made it to the floor.

It was "torpedoed" by House Rep Judy Steigler (D Bend)...apparently she has taken an even more liberal approach to violating our second amendment rights than Ginny Burdick.

It is my understanding that the Statesman Journal has already requested the list of CHL holders for Polk County last week and I believe for Marion County as well. Probably in anticipation of the court ruling. Hopefully just to see if the Sheriff will hand it over or not.

Here is the link for the <broken link removed> form for the Polk County application that I filled out. I don't know if if will keep my info private or not.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top