JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Tribune site keeps navigating me away from that page, but the FoxNews story on it has a line that will interest a few here.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/0...e-not-expected-to-face-charges-after-killing/

It's a quote from the deceased robber's stepson:
Gildersleeve's stepson cast doubt on the police account, the Chicago Tribune reported. "Something doesn't seem right," Igbinosa Oronsaye said, adding, "Reggie doesn't even own a gun. He couldn't own a gun if he wanted to."
:rolleyes:

"Reggie doesn't even own a gun. He couldn't own a gun if he wanted to."

That is the golden nugget right there. Of course he couldn't have a gun, the law would prevent him from doing so....right. This also helps to paint a picture of a likely convicted felon with a past criminal history. So typical of the families of these wastes of a life to run to their defense after they threaten the lives of others in the commission of a crime.

Note the headline:"Police: Customer with concealed carry license kills robber; 6 more people shot."
To the person scanning the headline (how I see most people scanning news), the potential for error is huge. Translate that into "Licensed gun owner kills robber and shoots 6 other people." Um, OK.

Note the headline:"Police: Customer with concealed carry license kills robber; 6 more people shot."
To the person scanning the headline (how I see most people scanning news), the potential for error is huge. Translate that into "Licensed gun owner kills robber and shoots 6 other people." Um, OK.

I read that exactly the same way - they were pretty darn careful to craft the headline to make it look like the CHL holder is responsible for the shootings of 7 people. Just like that headline of the car crashing into the crowd 2 weeks ago - one headline said it was a shooter that killed 4 and injured 30. Seems the media isn't exactly playing 'truthfully' with their headlines. I think they are fully aware much of their readership will have an instant emotional reaction to the headline, while not reading further for clarification.

That story should have stood alone, not lumped in with other shootings. Although, in Chicago, I suppose there isn't enough room in the paper or even online for a separate story for each shooting - just far too many to report.

No one is saying at this point - we know the race of the robber, what about the CHL? I've yet to see any mention of the race of the CHL holder. Makes me wonder if he's anything but white, otherwise 'black lives matter' would be all up in his business.

This incident got at least one person to see the light.
DNAinfo said:
Down the block, Esteban Cruz, owner of Haberinto Western Wear, said the attempted robbery and shooting changed the way he thought about guns.

"Seeing that happen right on this block makes me think I'd feel much better if I were armed, and if my customers were armed," Cruz said. "Now I want to get a concealed carry permit myself."
https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/201...er-who-killed-robber-called-angel-from-heaven

Ray

same here, same initial head scratching ...

Armed Robber's Family Complains He Was Shot Too Many Times...........:s0140:
The family of a Chicago man gunned down during a robbery attempt are calling for his shooter, a concealed weapon permit-holder, to be prosecuted for the shooting. The Washington Post is helping to further that effort, suggesting the failed robbery could even be a Halloween prank gone horribly wrong.

Police say Saturday night Reginald Gildersleeve walked into the small bodega Agencia Mexicana while wearing a mask and announced a holdup, whipping out what appeared to be gun. Moments later he was gunned down by an unnamed patron. It was later discovered that Gildersleeve's gun was a paintball gun. (RELATED: Chicago Man With Concealed Carry Permit Shoots And Kills Armed Robber)

Chicago police are treating the case as rather open-and-shut. Even if Gildersleeve wasn't carrying a real gun, he was brandishing like it was, and the shooter acted accordingly.

But now, Gildersleeve's family is calling for charges to be levied, saying that the habitual criminal didn't deserve to die. Igbinosa Oronsaye, Gildersleeve's stepson, told The Chicago Tribune the shooter overreacted in shooting multiple times.

"Some people don't actually know how to use guns," Oronsaye said. "They go to firing ranges, but it's not the same as a bullet going into someone's body, it's not the same as a bullet going into flesh. They should be able to wound first, kill next. He didn't deserve to get shot multiple times."

Oronsaye also said the shooter needed to be punished for killing a member of the community.

"You just took a brother, you just took a father from a lot of people. Somebody's got to answer for that," he said.

The family's argument is being pushed along by The Washington Post, where writer Michael Miller says the shooting is "raising questions." Miller wrote up Gildersleeve's death Monday morning in a manner that seems intended to frame Gildersleeve in the best possible light. Miller, for instance, describes the shooting as "mysterious" because it "occurred on Halloween and involved a man in a mask with a fake gun," although robberies with fake guns happen all the time.

Miller then says the robbery was all one big misunderstanding, because Gildersleeve was reportedly a former employee of Agencia Mexicana and knew the owner.

"Was the shooting a Halloween prank gone horribly wrong?" he asks.

Miller's article also opens with a 2011 picture taken from Gildersleeve's Facebook, showing him standing with his wife and holding a Bible. He describes Gildersleeve trying to "turn his life around," based mostly on his marriage and his posting of family photos and inspirational quotes on Facebook. He even describes Gildersleeve as being "gunned down" during the robbery by a "concealed-weapon-toting customer," although the phrased "gunned down" is typically used for those shot while doing nothing wrong.

Armed Robber's Family Complains He Was Shot Too Many Times...........:s0140:
The family of a Chicago man gunned down during a robbery attempt are calling for his shooter, a concealed weapon permit-holder, to be prosecuted for the shooting. The Washington Post is helping to further that effort, suggesting the failed robbery could even be a Halloween prank gone horribly wrong.

Police say Saturday night Reginald Gildersleeve walked into the small bodega Agencia Mexicana while wearing a mask and announced a holdup, whipping out what appeared to be gun. Moments later he was gunned down by an unnamed patron. It was later discovered that Gildersleeve's gun was a paintball gun. (RELATED: Chicago Man With Concealed Carry Permit Shoots And Kills Armed Robber)

Chicago police are treating the case as rather open-and-shut. Even if Gildersleeve wasn't carrying a real gun, he was brandishing like it was, and the shooter acted accordingly.

But now, Gildersleeve's family is calling for charges to be levied, saying that the habitual criminal didn't deserve to die. Igbinosa Oronsaye, Gildersleeve's stepson, told The Chicago Tribune the shooter overreacted in shooting multiple times.

"Some people don't actually know how to use guns," Oronsaye said. "They go to firing ranges, but it's not the same as a bullet going into someone's body, it's not the same as a bullet going into flesh. They should be able to wound first, kill next. He didn't deserve to get shot multiple times."

Oronsaye also said the shooter needed to be punished for killing a member of the community.

"You just took a brother, you just took a father from a lot of people. Somebody's got to answer for that," he said.

The family's argument is being pushed along by The Washington Post, where writer Michael Miller says the shooting is "raising questions." Miller wrote up Gildersleeve's death Monday morning in a manner that seems intended to frame Gildersleeve in the best possible light. Miller, for instance, describes the shooting as "mysterious" because it "occurred on Halloween and involved a man in a mask with a fake gun," although robberies with fake guns happen all the time.

Miller then says the robbery was all one big misunderstanding, because Gildersleeve was reportedly a former employee of Agencia Mexicana and knew the owner.

"Was the shooting a Halloween prank gone horribly wrong?" he asks.

Miller's article also opens with a 2011 picture taken from Gildersleeve's Facebook, showing him standing with his wife and holding a Bible. He describes Gildersleeve trying to "turn his life around," based mostly on his marriage and his posting of family photos and inspirational quotes on Facebook. He even describes Gildersleeve as being "gunned down" during the robbery by a "concealed-weapon-toting customer," although the phrased "gunned down" is typically used for those shot while doing nothing wrong.

OMG
"Some people don't actually know how to use guns," Oronsaye said.
Some don't know how to use common sense. And I mean the real kind, not the Bloomberg smoke up your whatever.

Criminal Lives Matter! We should be more tolerant of the criminals, for EQUALITY and DIVERSITY of our American culture. It's civilized to be compassionate to the poor downtrodden criminals. If we don't, we'll turn this country into the "wild west"! And everyone knows that would result in more violence. If only we could stop bitterly clinging to our gun addiction, we could make peace with the criminals and end the violence. All we need to do is remove the locks from our doors, and let the criminals in, put up a "gun free zone" sign on every house and every building, embrace the criminals, show them some love, they're people too afterall! I can't believe how heartless you crazy gun owners are.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top