JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you are over 50 and/or wash your hands frequently you may not have fingerprints. The Oregon State Police fingerprint technicians know this and I would hope that information has trickled down to the Marion County Sheriff as well.

If so, the sheriff does not appear to have incorporated this into their procedures in order to comply with the state laws stating delivery is to be made within 45 days. If the fingerprints taken by the sheriff are rejected by the OSP you may be required to have the OSP do a second set. This may delay delivery of your CHL and WILL cost you an extra $20.

If you suspect you fall into this category you may want to check and see if you can benefit by bypassing the Sheriff and going directly to the OSP where they have an electronic scanning system that allows previewing of the prints. Might save time, but they will probably end up charging the extra $20 anyway.

What exactly are you washing your hands with? Acid bath?

I've never heard of diligent hygiene causing fingerprints to disintegrate! Maybe I can use this info to assemble an elite team of geriatric catburglars who can't be traced!

My wife does finger printing, she has said the same thing. There are some people, based on age and job/work history that are very difficult to print. People that wash their hands alot, (doctors, nurse, dentists), field work, landscapers, some construction/mason jobs. It just wears on the fingers.

The gentleman doing the fingerprinting at OSP said that skin thins with age and does not hold the ridges, goes to wrinkles. Washing causes the skin to wrinkle so that printing just gets a set of wrinkles. I suggested that the wrinkles should be as good as prints, but he said they tend to change from day to day.

I knew all that handwashing would be bad for me someday!

Lane County has the electronic fingerprints, also. It is super cool, especially for the Utah license and such. No debating a messy fingerprint card, perfect results the first time!

Just had my prints done at Marion County Sheriffs Office Wednesday (Yesterday) and I'm 54 drive dump truck for a living spent 14 years as a Custom Knifemaker and Wash my hands every once in a while.

My prints came out real nice and clear. NO problems. Maybe you shouldn't have wiggled all around as she was doing them.

Mark W.

No wriggling involved. The electronic system verifies I have no prints. I am 66 years old.

My father had no prints for many years (died at age 56) as he was a tile setter of the old school (lath, real cement and tar paper) and grout wore the patterns off. There are many reasons someone would not have prints.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top